28 July 2009

Arizona Fun!

(photo by Chris Wilson...Cousin)
We had so much fun in the week that we spent in Arizona. This is a picture of all the people that made it for our family reunion. It is a crazy tribe, and it wasn't even everyone!! We camped by Mexican Hay Lake, which is in the White mountains, so it was much cooler than the rest of Arizona. We got rain just about everyday which was nice and the kids had a ball just getting plain dirty!! Here are some other things that we did during the week!!
(Photo by Chris Wilson...Cousin)
They played with Playdoh, made bracelets and necklaces, played mafia and other fun games.
They hunted the meadow for frogs and flowers, and struck a pose at a seconds notice!!!
I got my hair done by a world renowned hairstylist. She was the best!!!
Spent time with Great-Grandparents!! Love them lots!!
Loved the campfire fun. Smore's are sooooo good!!
Listened to stories from the olden' days!!
Played a mean game of horseshoes!!
Our whole family was in the 4th of July parade!! The banner reads. "American Pride...God, Family, Country....Vurrell Finch Family.....9 kids, 46 grandkids, 113+ Great-Grandkids, and 1 Great-Great-Grandkid"
(Photo by Chris Wilson...Cousin)
Ayden loved walking in the parade. He should have drank more water though, he got dehydrated and didn't feel very well the next day.

Lauryn loved her little flag!! She fell asleep about half way through the parade!!

Meysa had fun on the trailer!! Funny story about Meysa Lynn!! We got to the start of the parade where we were to meet and get on the float. We had all piled into one of our vans so that the other one was back at the end of the parade. Once we all got out of the van and got on the float, I couldn't find Meysa. Of course it was hard to tell where she might be since we were all wearing red, white and blue. We started to wonder if she had gotten in the van at all, or was she still in the van roasting in the sun. I was starting to panic and my brother Aaron went to check the van to make sure she wasn't there and he spots a little toe headed girl a few parking lots away. This particular little girl was captured by the sight of horses being saddled, getting ready for the parade. She had seen them when we first had gotten out of the vans. Little twit!! That is probably the first time that I have thought I lost one of my kids. We had so much fun being in the parade!!!

I was so glad that I was able to make it to Arizona this year. It was a blast to see family and catch up with loved ones. Family really is a blessing and I am very thankful for mine!!

5 comments:

Debbi said...

that's awesome your whole family was in the parade, your family is a great one! I love the pictures of Wyatt below - did you get a new camera? They look really really good - and YAY for walking!

*Katie May* said...

At least it was in Eagar Az. for her to get lost and not some big city! Looks like you guys had fun with all those crazy Finch's

Coleman Family said...

achhhh! Your family was in a parade?! How fun!!! My mom and I were in a parade right before I married Dave, but it was on accident. We drove into a historic car parade - us in our dirty car coming back from Utah, and these gorgeous CLEAN cars in front and behind us. The announcer had a field day and announced we were on t.v.! Anyways, back to YOU! I LOVE the picture with your whole family! I'm so jealous there are so many of you! What a wonderful vacation!

Odd Family said...

FUN! I am cracking up at that picture of Lauren in your blog header, so cute AND FUNNY! Love it! BTW congrats to little Wyatt on walking. And to think he only beat Jordan by 3 months. THATS A LOT!;)

Dawn said...

Oh, you got way better pictures of the parade than I did, and and campsite! I'll have to copy them to my computer sometime. I can totally see Meysa wandering off to the horses. I lost Ryan once, because he was done with the picnic, so he headed off to the car. Not usually a big deal, but we happened to be at the town square, surrounded on all sides by lunchtime traffic. Some stranger brought him back as he was about to cross the street, she just picked the right group because there were so many other kids around and Kyle had a matching shirt. Phew!