23 July 2009

What's in a Whistle?

When I was a kid growing up there were some hard fast rules. One being that if I heard my Dad whistle, I was to hurry home on the double. If he had to whistle twice you were in BIG trouble!! His whistle could be heard from across town so we couldn't use the excuse that we hadn't heard it. Everyone heard it!! While camping out one of those first nights on our trip the little guys had gone up in the trees to explore. When it was time for dinner, Dad whistled for them to come. Some listened and some didn't. Really out of ignorance of the importance of "the whistle"!! They came to understand right away how important it was. Then once dinner was done the kids wanted to know how Grandpa does it. So the lesson on whistling began!! My sister-in-law Lana was determined to learn for herself. It kind of ended up being somewhat of an anatomy lesson!! Comparing the inside of her mouth to my Dad's. I had to take pictures, it was too fun to watch!!




All the grandkids now know how important a whistle can be, and some may even learn one day how to do it!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Wyatt's pic could not be more adorable! Didn't you say that he had a growth rate decline? He looks great! They told me the same thing about Leonora and took blood tests for her as well. I think they are probably just using up more calories trying to get around! (but Leonora is not yet 18 lbs.! It is a little worrisome!)

*Katie May* said...

that's cute

Heather said...

that is so funny... your dad cracks me up. btw i love your new header!!!!!! super cute.

Bella said...

Oh gosh, your blog was so fun to read! I can't believe you guys drove all that way with all those kids!!! Your kids are getting so big, holy cow! BTW...I loved learning how to whistle using my fingers....I still can't do it without using them!

Dawn said...

Oh my, the whistle! It was my mom at our house!