Saturday was the day we decided to plant flowers in our pots on the porch. It just happened to be raining on and off. It did the same thing last year when we decided to plant our annual flowers. When we got to our beloved Lowe's (seriously I should have bought stock) Lauryn was demanding that we get pink flowers. As I have mentioned in previous posts, Lauryn loves PINK. In fact the other day she asked me if we could paint our van pink. She just couldn't understand why I didn't think that would be such a great idea. Anyways back to the flowers. We are in the garden center listening to the rain fall on the plastic roof and Lauryn is hollering every time she spies a pink flower. We had tried to convince her that there were no pink flowers, but we were quickly informed that in fact there were pink flowers and lots of them. If had let Lauryn have her way we would have come home with every shade of pink flower Lowe's carried. Lauryn got to pick ONE pink flower (see above) and Ayden and Meysa got to pick out their flowers which thank heavens were not pink. I like pink and all but there has to be moderation in all things right?!! Ryan and I rounded out the colors with purple, red, orange, yellow, light blue and white. We like our pots to have lots of color. It makes me happy!! It also makes me happy that there are blue skies and sunshine today, sure signs that spring is truly here, finally and hopefully to stay!! Spring is here people!!! Oh, did I say that already? My bad, I'm just really excited for the new season to be upon us!! 29 April 2010
{Pink Flowers}
Saturday was the day we decided to plant flowers in our pots on the porch. It just happened to be raining on and off. It did the same thing last year when we decided to plant our annual flowers. When we got to our beloved Lowe's (seriously I should have bought stock) Lauryn was demanding that we get pink flowers. As I have mentioned in previous posts, Lauryn loves PINK. In fact the other day she asked me if we could paint our van pink. She just couldn't understand why I didn't think that would be such a great idea. Anyways back to the flowers. We are in the garden center listening to the rain fall on the plastic roof and Lauryn is hollering every time she spies a pink flower. We had tried to convince her that there were no pink flowers, but we were quickly informed that in fact there were pink flowers and lots of them. If had let Lauryn have her way we would have come home with every shade of pink flower Lowe's carried. Lauryn got to pick ONE pink flower (see above) and Ayden and Meysa got to pick out their flowers which thank heavens were not pink. I like pink and all but there has to be moderation in all things right?!! Ryan and I rounded out the colors with purple, red, orange, yellow, light blue and white. We like our pots to have lots of color. It makes me happy!! It also makes me happy that there are blue skies and sunshine today, sure signs that spring is truly here, finally and hopefully to stay!! Spring is here people!!! Oh, did I say that already? My bad, I'm just really excited for the new season to be upon us!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HAllalujah for sunny skies! Even if it is mixed in with hail and drenching rain! Weird weather, huh? That's funny that you planted on Saturday, we did too! :)
When you said "seriously I should have bought stock" I just thought of the very common garden flower called stock. The I realized you might have been talking about ownership shares in the company Lowe's. I still haven't decided which on you were talking about.
I am glad that warmer weather is on the horizon too. It's May already...I want summer!
Aimee..I really think your blog is super cute!
Any purple pansy flowers always remind me of my Grandma..
I think it's cute L loves pink, me too.
Post a Comment