Someone very important is having a birthday today. Since I had ample ammunition sitting on my computer I thought why not do a little flashback of the birthday boy to add up all the goodness he brings to the world!!


This not so little man entered this world much smaller than this picture would have you to believe. He was born 7 weeks premature and weighed in at a whopping 4lbs 11oz. I think the double chin is obviously a sign that he liked to eat!!!


We are constantly asked how our girls go their blonde hair!! Like it was the milk man or something!! But here is good hard evidence that it in fact came from their father (the one listed on the birth certificate!!!)!!

Anyone who knows Ryan well, knows that baseball is THE game to play, and watch and analyze and, and...Really it is THE game. It started early for him too, I think we once added up how many years he spent being on a baseball field and it came to almost 20 years. Yeah that long!!


What a charmer!!


He did play other sports besides baseball. He played basketball in junior high and High school. One of the things that I have always found very unfair is that Ryan is so athletic. It doesn't matter what sport he can play it and play it well. Me? Not so much. On one of our very first dates we went bowling. He told me he wasn't too good and I thought great because neither am I (I once threw a bowling ball BACKWARDS while trying to bowl. Yeah it surprised me and the Japanese people beside us)!! But wouldn't ya know it he bowled like over 200!! I made some comment about how "terrible" he was and unfortunately for him the guy from the couple we were doubling with ratted him out. Come to find out Ryan used to play on a bowling league when he was younger. Of course he did!! I don't even remember what I bowled but I can guarantee you it wasn't over 100!!



We started dating the winter of our Senior year. Ryan asked me to a dance and the rest is history!!

Oh, the 90's!!! Crazy how young and naive we look!!


Ryan played baseball in college to pay for school and enjoyed it immensely!! Especially playing on two World Series winning teams!! I have permanent bleacher bum from all the games that I sat and watched. Good times, Good times!!

Then the kids came and life got busy and crazy, but oh so good!!! He is such a good daddy!! The kids are so in love with him. Just the way it should be!!

I love him more today than I did almost 15 years ago.






I am so happy that Ryan came into my life. I love that he is my partner in crime, the daddy to my babies and the leader of our family. Happy Birthday love!! I hope you know how important you are in my life, in the lives of our kids and in the lives of all you know and love you!!

5 comments:
Love this post more than you know!!! :) Nate & I are cracking up over the childhood golden locks! Were you by chance the copper tone baby???! :)
Happy birthday Ryan!
loved the post..made me tear-up!
so sweet..
Great trip back down memory lane! Thank you, Aimee for being a great partner and helping Ryan be who he is today! Love you both!!!
Really loved this post Aimee! Who knew out highschool sweethearts would turn out to be our lifetime loves. (Well us girls of course, but did the boys know when they were 16?) :)
Post a Comment