Our little Lauryn turned the BIG SIX on Friday. She was a lucky duck and didn't have to go to school (the school was conducting incoming kindergarten registration). Not everyone is so lucky to get to play hookey from school on their birthdays. We started the day with Mom's picture taking out on the deck. She was humoring me, she kept saying are you done yet and I kept saying just one more...!! She is a trooper to have a Mom like me :).
I always have to get a shot of those baby blues, oh how I love them!! She has really grown up over this last year. She has always been an opinionated child and when she was younger she was a "bit" moody at times but for the most part she was happy and giggly. Nothing has really changed over the years, it has only become more refined. She is still opinionated and does it in such a matter of fact way. She can still be moody but for the most part she is a happy, giggly girl. She is tearing up the pages and reading like crazy. In fact she is reading above the year end level. She has become so self assured this year at school. She definitely knows who she is and no amount of talking will change her mind. She is still a "little thing" as her Daddy likes to call her. I think Wyatt is about to pass her in the weight department. She still has him in height but it won't be long till she is the shortest one in the family. A position I know well. What she lacks in size she makes up for in personality big time.
Wyatt wanted in on the picture action and was just as excited for the day that Lauryn had planned for her birthday.
She has been talking about going to Chuck E. Cheese for, gosh the last two years at least. I am not a huge fan but I figured since she had the day off of school and we could go during the day instead of at night with every other Tom, Dick or Harry, we would do it. We invited our neighbor friend and had a great time. We were literally the ONLY people at Chuck E. Cheese for two whole hours. It was the best!! The kids played to their hearts content and had a great time. We had lunch and then headed home to bake her birthday cake. She was so happy and that is what birthday are really all about, right?
I have mentioned that Lauryn has an opinion, right? Oh, I have!! Well, she does and boy she isn't afraid to let you know it. The only problem is that it takes her time to come to that opinion. But boy howdy once she gets around to deciding what her stance is, she is unmovable. Take her cake for example. She had so many ideas floating around in her pretty little head and just couldn't decide on one. One day it was cupcakes, then it was a rainbow cake, then it was a chocolate cake. It was the eleventh hour and we finally came to a decision. She wanted a two layer cake, one pink layer, one purple with white frosting and sprinkles. I know not earth shattering but it took some time to get it decided. That is where we have to exercise patience with this dear, sweet girl. She helped me color the batter and then she was the sprinkle-putter-oner. She did a fantastic job!!
Birthday wish time was more of a contemplative time, not a "oh I'll think of something and blow out the candles". We seriously waited for a few minutes so she could think of just the right wish. Then once she had it decided she went for it. I was lucky to get this shot of her blowing her candle out. She is such a uniquely wonderful girl. I am so happy and thankful that she is all mine. My life would certainly be dull without her spunky personality!! Happy Birthday Lauryn girl!! We love you!!
(and Happy Birthday to Lauryn's birthday buddy, Gracie Lee (Lauryn's cousin's baby) born on Lauryn's birthday this year. We are so happy to have a new baby in the family!!)








2 comments:
i love her soooooooooo much!!!! Happy Birthday Miss L. we miss your guts!!!
xoxo.
What a fun birthday! You captured her personality so well! Love her!!
Post a Comment