
Many of you may have heard of The Pioneer Woman. She is a blogger/photographer (I have learned a lot from her) and she is also a pretty darn good cook. I knew she was a good cook when she posted sometime ago her recipe for the best chocolate sheet cake. It was the very same recipe I grew up with my mom making, although we called it Texas Sheet Cake. I knew it then, this lady knew how to cook. I have followed her blog for quite some now and also recently ordered her two cookbooks full of deliciousness!! She also has a Food Network show that my children and I would watch without fail on Saturday mornings. My kids loved that the show was filmed on her ranch in Oklahoma (Meysa and Horses) and I loved the good recipes. One of the recipes that I saw on her show was her Petite Vanilla Scones. I knew I had to try them. I mean they used a cup of butter, three vanilla beans and oodles of powdered sugar. How could they not be good?!! Well they lived up to my every expectation and then some. They were flaky and moist plus with the glaze they were perfectly sweet. They are so good I am having to give some away to friends or I would eat them all, which would defeat the purpose of working out this morning!! If you like scones you will love these. You must make them!! Go ahead, hop on over to her blog. Peruse the many wonderful recipes she has and get a kick out of her blogging!! She is a hoot!!
(note: It called for three vanilla beans and unless you enjoy handing over anywhere from $7-$11 per bean at the grocery store, do what I did. I ordered a pack of 25 beans off Amazon for about $14 +shipping. Now I won't choke on the cost as I enjoy my scones)

No comments:
Post a Comment