07 August 2014

{Nauvoo, IL}


After a long day driving we made it to Nauvoo, IL.  Ryan, I and the older two kids had visited Nauvoo when we lived in Iowa during medical school.  They were little and could only remember things because they had seen pictures of our visit.  So we decided that we should stop again.  It was a nice day and a much needed break from driving.  We visited many of the homes and hands on activities and then we made our way over to Carthage to see the jail where Joseph and Hyrum Smith were killed.


The cutest little bird was just sitting on the fence checking us out.  I couldn't help but take a picture!













It was so special to go and visit the Visitors Center at Carthage.  It was one place we hadn't made it to the time we visited before.  I am so glad we made the stop this time.

No comments: