12 October 2008
First smile, unusual friends and lots of corn!!
This week has been your average week. The kids have had school and I have been sewing up quilt tops for the girls. I have Meysa's all done and now I am starting Lauryn's. When I get them done I will post pics. Anywho, I thought I would share some pics of the kids doing random things this week! Let's start with a "first".
Mr. Wyatt has learned how to smile and he does it more and more everyday. You can see that he uses his whole face in completing the task. It is so cute. His little cheeks look so big and cute when he smiles and his eyes light up. Oh I love this little guy!!!
Next up Lauryn. This girl has an imagination. She walks around all day talking to her toys and having them be in big battles or attending some ball. Well the other day Lauryn was sitting at the bar playing with Ariel, Annikan and Yoda. Not a likely group but none the less they were having a great time together. Does anyone else think it is interesting that she knows exactly who Annikan and Yoda are. I kinda do!
As well as an imagination, Lauryn has a sweet sense of style. She changes her clothes a hundred times a day and mostly it is into dresses. Well today she decided that a shirt was optional and that she wanted to wear her panties too. I was all for the panties part-the sooner she is potty trained the better. Maybe it is because I have a million other things to do during the day but I don't fight Lauryn on what she wears unless we are going somewhere. Well on this day we weren't going anywhere and so she got to wear this all day. I just thought the shot below was cute. She has nothing to her, her skirt won't even stay up and it doesn't help that she pulls her panties clear up to her chest. I think she is just trying to keep up with teen fashion these days. It is still cool to show your underware isn't it? Or have I fallen behind on the times again?
Onto Ayden and Meysa. On Saturday night a girlfriend and I took our kiddos to a corn maze. You would think that since I lived in Iowa-the land of corn-for four years I would have gone to a corn maze before, but sadly I had not. So this was my first time. It was a lot of fun!! This maze had 12 check points that you needed to punch in order to FINISH the maze. Well we started out fine and got check point 1,2, and 3 pretty quickly. Now here is where it gets a little, shall I say confusing. We are trying to get to check point 9 (they weren't in order) and we find #10. Great, fine, we keep looking for #9, and we instead find #11. Swell, another one off the list. But where is the blasted #9. We keep looking, we find #10 again, and I think #11 again (twice), but NO #9. I know you are probably asking yourself, "Did they have a map?" and yes we did have a map, but it wasn't helping us much. Up until this time I had always thought that I had a pretty good sense of direction. Well I think I checked that at the corn gate, because I really couldn't have found my own backend with a flashlight and someone pointing it out to me. Well we said oh well lets just see what else we can find and not worry about finding #9. We found #4 which was on the other side of the maze. Our kids thought it was fun, until we kept finding the same check points and then they started asking if we were lost. We lied and said NO, we totally knew where we were. Long story short, we didn't finish the maze. We barely made it out of the maze before the sun set. Heather (my friend) and I laughed the whole time and other than trying not to lose the kids around every turn while trying not to get lost (which didn't work well) it was a blast. They have a haunted maze on the weekends at night, we thought would be fun to come back with they guys. Maybe we would have better luck finding our way!!
The kids at the very begining. Really excited!!! Lauryn, Wyatt and Garrett were in the strollers.
Marlee and Meysa coming to a cross roads. I have no clue where we are at this point.
This is all we see!! CORN and more CORN!!
Ayden holding the Map that didn't do us much good. We will have to try next year and see if we can conquer the maze.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Super cute pics! Especially of Wyatt, soo sweet. Crazy corn maze! I wouldn't be able to do it either :)
Wyatt looks hilarious! It's like you photo edited that picture because no child can look that animated.
I love corn mazes. The caution tape is a good idea, though, albeit a little ghetto. The Arizona mazes always just get trashed from people short-cutting.
lol.... :)
I'm still laughing about it! :)
Thanks for being a great friend!
I love baby grins that show all gum. He still looks like Grandpa Finch.
How funny! That would so be me. I need to find a corn maze around here. I can't imagine that would be hard to do...
Sweet pics.! He looks like a keeper! That makes me want to go to a corn maze...hmmm I think I will call a friend tommorow. Glad you had fun!
Very cute pictures, I love the smiles! and the creative imagination!
Corn mazes are so fun, we went yesterday for the 1st time with the kids, after 10 years of being in iowa it was my first time at a corn maze here! We had a blast until it started to rain!
how fun!!!!
I'm missing you and your fam, and looking forward to the holidays so we can see you!!
you guys are nuts!!!
oh my gosh! I love those cheeks!! So squeezy! And Lauren what a cutie! Get the panties on her, the sooner the better. And I wish there was a corn maze up here. I don't even think that you can grow corn like that in AZ. I'd stay away myself though. I learned the hard way that I am VERY allergic!
Post a Comment