Meysa and I had a conversation a few days ago about her getting to go to Kindergarten. I am probably like most parents in that I use incentives to get my children to do things. One of those incentives is to tell them they don't get to go to Kindergarten unless they can tie their own shoes. With Ayden it worked like a charm, and I was hoping the same would happen with Meysa. So I told her she had to learn to tie her own shoes before she went to school this next year and that very day she learned how to tie her shoes. Coincidence? Most likely, but I like to think my parenting skills are top notch, so let me think that ok. She is pretty proud of herself and can actually do it pretty quickly now. She kindly gave me a demonstration this afternoon. What a big kid I have!!! I guess I'll have to keep my end of the bargain and let her got to Kindergarten darn it!!








10 comments:
That's great! I need to do that to Gaige :) I also have to get him to wipe his own rear without help :)
She looks like a ghost in that first picture.
When I was a little kid, I loved school. Now if somebody tried that with me, I would be like "No...don't do it. Don't ban me from school. This is just torture. Not."
Love this! I am so not above things like bribing and I'm totally going to borrow this for when Tyler has to go to school. Look at what a big girl! I love it!
Great ideas for when Andren gets ready to go to school. Lauryn's pose cracks me up...I think she just didn't want to be left out of the blog post!
Way to go Meysa! I'm sure Lauryn won't be far behind in doing those things. Cute pictures! Love the Ayden and Wyatt meal-time pics too!
ISn't kindergarten the best? Your are down by ONE!
Bribes are awesome! I have to confess, though, that Isaac still does not know how to tie his shoes. Hmmm..... I think we need to wok on something.
i sure do love your girls. no really i do.
Go Meysa!! Those are cute pics. of Ayden feeding Wyatt! Time flies doesn't it!
You go, girl! Coming from a "retired" 1st grade teacher, that is AWESOME! Every year about HALF my class still couldn't tie shoes and they had to spend the first two weeks of school recess with me until they could! I know, I am mean.
Post a Comment