16 April 2010

{Always lots to do}

As always when we go to Papa Chip and Grandma Kristie's house there is no lack of things to keep us occupied. There are 30 acres for the kids to run and tons of things for them to investigate. This last visit was no different. To start off when we got there they were just pleased as punch to be out of the car and to see their cousins. We hadn't seen them since our trip last July!! We got there about dinner time so we ate and the kids were off exploring until it got too dark to see.

The next day was the start of General Conference (a semi-annual conference for our whole church) and so we watched that on my parents TV. We stuffed plastic eggs during the afternoon session in preparation for the Easter egg hunt which was to start as soon as my brother and sister's families arrived. Before the hunt started I was able to take some family pictures for my niece Mahaley, her husband Mike and their little cherub Braxtyn. It was cold and windy, so needless to say it was a FAST shoot and I would like to do some more for them when it is warmer and less windy!! But I was pleased with some of the ones I did get. We took them out in my parent's orchard where the blossoms were just starting to come out.

We didn't get the eggs dyed in time for the Easter egg hunt but we did get them dyed sometime that weekend. As I mentioned before the weather was cold and windy, well just as we stepped outside to start hunting for the candy Easter eggs the heaven let loose. The poor kids were racing around in sleet trying to find their 7 eggs alloted to them. I had my camera all ready to take pictures of Wyatt on his first egg hunt but I had to tuck it under my sweatshirt because it was coming down so bad. Once each person found their seven eggs they retreated into Papa's shop to devour their candy. Wyatt was no exception. We had to extricate the bag from his death grip or he would have eaten all the candy in his bag.


Grandma is hatching some new chicks and Papa needed Lauryn's help checking on them. It had been a little too cold for these bitties and they had already lost two chicks because they got to cold and froze to death. So we were checking on them several times a day to make sure the remaining four were snuggled under their mama. Lauryn of course had no shoes on so Papa had to pack her hiney!! I thought it was a sweet picture anyhow!!

The babies were so cute. By the time we get back there next month they won't even look the same!!


I got to love on this little man too. What a sweet little guy. He was having the best time playing with his sisters' crocs and enjoying a moment being naked. I couldn't help getting the camera out and getting some sweet pics of Conner. I have to show some restraint with this little guy or I would devour him.


Wyatt found a buddy. He and Teancum were two peas in a pod, or in this case a dirt pile. They were having so much fun chucking dirt all over grandma's patio.

Wyatt was "helping" Grandma get her room picked up and her laundry put away and he discovered Papa's boots. He was insistent on Grandma putting on a pair too and they gave us a fashion show. Those darn boots kept turning backwards though so it was hard to walk very far without falling down.

This is the fort that Ayden decided to build with the scrap wood that Papa has laying around his place. I didn't have to wonder where Ayden was, he was always in the shop tinkering with some tool and trying to build some contraption. He worked on this fort for a few days, having to take a break on the day that we had 50mph winds. I didn't think it was safe for him to be outside around loose sheets of plywood and nails. Wind and nails are not really a good combo. After the day of wind he was complaining about the fort still being drafty. I don't know why!! Ayden loves going to Papa's if not for just the free roaming and the ability to imagine and then create. Sadly on Thursday night he came down with something and was throwing up through the night. By the next day he was almost back to normal. It must have only been a 12-24 hr bug. Thank heavens.


Like any real man, Wyatt enjoyed the tractor, 4 wheeler and lawn mower. He would get up there and drive all day if I let him. His little face says it all, he is a man and he is in heaven!! It really is amazing to see how these little guys come hard wired for this kind of stuff. The girls like to ride but the infatuation is not the same with them.

I realized when I was going through my pictures once I got home that I didn't have a picture of Meysa. I actually had one of her holding Braxtyn but it was really blurry for some reason. She had a blast playing with her cousins and loving on baby Braxtyn. She fed him and rocked him and she fell in love with him. She is such a good little mother to the babies. She had a rough day one day though. She cut her finger, slammed her other finger in the door and got stung by a wasp on yet another finger all in a matter of an hour. Poor thing, nothing was going her way it seemed.

I was so nice to get a break away to Papa and Grandma's house. It is as much a break for me as it is for the kids because they play outside and I don't have to worry about them. They come in when they are hungry and pass out at night from exhaustion. Not a bad deal if you ask me. We will head back that way in less than a month when my brother gets off his mission. The kids can't wait!!

6 comments:

*Katie May* said...

What a fun time! Love all the pics! Love seeing Conner since Sariah never blogs ;)

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun week! I know how much that time means to you and the kids! Hopefully some day that husband of yours won't have to work through all the vacation times! Love you guys!

Frasier Family said...

Looks like the kiddos had a great time and I'm sure you loved seeing your family again. I'm impressed that you ventured over by yourself with your little pack! Not sure I'd do that by myself and I've only got two. :)

Heidi said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love the picture of Mahaley, Mike & Braxtyn. He is getting so big!

Heather said...

love the picture of lauryn & papa chip. so cute. can we come next time!!!! :)

Coleman Family said...

What a great trip! Those are some cute pictures of your kids with their cousins and family. I love how kids refuse to let weather affect their egg hunting!