26 April 2010

{Meysa}

Miss Meysa, aka Molasses, Meys, Sister. I find it hard to comprehend how she got this old already. She is almost 6 and a half going on 16. She can be so helpful at times that she makes me think she is truly older. Meysa has an understanding of the gospel at such a young age, it amazes me. She strives to do what is right and glows under praise for the good things she does. The other day in the car she and Ayden were fighting over who was going to get out of the car first. I know such important stuff to be bickering over. I had had enough and told them they were going to decide who was going to be the peacemaker and I was giving them one minute to figure it out. Meysa decided it would be her and of course Ayden was perfectly happy with that. Fast forward to today and Ayden was trying to get out of the car first again and Meysa threw it in his face. "Ayden I was the peacemaker on Friday so it your turn to be it today!!" Ayden didn't have much of a come back for that.
There is such competition between Meysa and Ayden. She definantly isn't going to be told she can't do something because she is a girl. She reminds me of myself with my brothers. Meysa has such a strong opinion and strong personality. She makes friends really easily and tries to be a good friend. She LOVES school and her teacher Mrs. S. She is reading up a storm and loving the freedom that that brings her. Just this morning she was trying to teach Lauryn how to read one of her sight words books. She likes to figure out math problems and is proud of herself when she figures them out herself. She has always been so independent that way. Always capable and wanting to do things by herself. She loves to draw and write stories. She can take her sweet time doing anything. That is why one of her nicknames is molasses. She can move just about as fast molasses does. Which can be so infuriating especially when we are running late for school and she is only half dressed and playing in her room. She loves to have her special one on one time at night. She LOVES her daddy and tells him 20 times that she loves him before she goes to work each day. She doesn't do well with goodbyes and frets over changes in schedules. She acts so independent but there is a vulnerable side to her to that gets embarrassed easily and doesn't like being told she was wrong in doing something. She loves to do chores, especially windows and bathrooms, which is just fine by me!!
Meysa is just a ball of special things. She complicated and simple all at the same time. I love her to death and I am constantly learning how to be a better mother to her. I think she has taught me the most about being a mother!! What would my life be without her? Dull and much less exciting that is for sure!!! I love you Meysa-

6 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Miss Meysa is such a sweetheart, she reminds me a lot of Emma. She definitely has a gentle soul! It's fun to see them grow up and turning out so wonderful!

Frasier Family said...

Such a sweet, young girl. Reminds me a lot of you when we were younger. :)

Becca said...

It was so cute last Sunday she was sitting next to me getting ready to say the prayer or something and she was soooo excited to tell me that she heard I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ in the car on her CD and she remembered a lot of it. She made my day!

Heather said...

3 words.... marlee loves meysa!!!
another 3 words.... BFF.
what would we do with out her!!!

miss you guys.
xoxo

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

All I can say is....Meysa: when your daddy locks you up because he won't let any boys come see you, call 1-800-Grandma! I'll come get you! You are so precious! We love you lots!

The Grandy's said...

Your kids are SO photogenic. I wish mine were. They look everywhere but at the camera when I have it out!