17 August 2010

{TWO}

Our little Wy-man turned TWO on Sunday!! I am not sure where the last two years have gone but they are gone just the same. This little man is sweet and mischevious and funny. We enjoy him being in our little family so much. He adds so much life and love to our lives. He is into trains now, which isn't surprising since we have trains that go back and forth behind our house at least 100 times a day (ok so maybe that is an exaggeration but not by much!). He calls out the names of each train as it passes by. Grandma's train is the sleek Amtrak train and Papa's train is the more substantial, stocky freight train. He is not referencing any grandparent in particular just that one is for girls and one is for boys. Crazy kid!! When Ayden was his age he was into trains too so we had invested in some GeoTrax train sets. I had since put them in a tote and left them in the garage. Well we bought Wyatt his own addition and then brought out the old tracks too add to it. Even the big kids are enamored again with the trains. Wyatt is in heaven!! I tried to make him a train cake which the cake part turned out fine it was the frosting that couldn't handle the 85 degree heat INSIDE our house. Yeah we don't have air conditioning so the frosting was literally running off the cake. I would have to put it into the fridge in between colors in hopes that it wouldn't be completely ruined. Still even with doing that the wheels look like they are about to make a run for it and the smoke stack has seen better days. It is a good thing Wyatt didn't really care he was just happy to have a train and to get Ice Cream. He didn't even eat any of his cake!! I'm pretty sure he had a good birthday and we are so glad he is our Wy-man!!







-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


On a completely unrelated note...Sunday was our Stake Conference (for those that aren't familiar with what a Stake conference is.... our church membership is divided into branches and wards depending on where they live in an area. Then those branches and wards are grouped into Stakes, regions and Areas. We meet every Sunday in our own wards and then twice a year we meet as a Stake, as well as twice a year we meet as a general membership of the whole church during General Conference. Hope that helps). Anyways we had a couple special people attend our Stake Conference on Sunday. One being an apostle of the Lord, Elder Dallin H. Oaks. The other was Elder Philip K. Bussey who is our new Area President. Ryan was on call so I was on my own getting the kids and I to conference. I went early so that one I could get a parking spot and also I wanted a good seat. So we were there about an hour and fifteen minutes early. My kids did great which was a small blessing to me. About 45 minutes before the meeting started Elder Oaks came into the chapel and started making his rounds around the chapel to shake EVERYONE'S hands. He systematically went up and down each row, even reaching the middle people in the row to shake their hands. He finally made it to where were were sitting and we were able to shake his hand. When he got to Ayden, Ayden stood up to shake his hand and he told him that he looked like a future missionary. Ayden was beaming. What a wonderful experience that was for our family. Ryan was able to make it to the last hour of conference, just in time to hear Elder Bussey and Elder Oaks speak. Elder Bussey also came by to shake hands and asked Lauryn to draw him a picture of a temple and then bring it up to him after the meeting. Ayden wanted to as well and they both took the pictures up after the meeting, getting to shake both men's hands again. It was a great day all the way around I'd say.

5 comments:

chapmanfam said...

I remember when my grandpa was alive, we had a stake conference over here and we had a member of the 70 come over I think it was. I drew him a picture and gave it to him and didnt think anymore about it. couple weeks later, I got a letter from him and his wife telling me that they hung it on there fridge and thanking me. It was really special and I still have the letter.

Happy birthday to the little guy too! we miss you all like crazy!

Frasier Family said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt!! Have fun being the "big two!"

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Geo trax are great. I bet he is lovin' life right now!

How neat for you and your kids to be able to meet Elder Oaks...Wow!

Heidi said...

We were lucky enough to have Elder Oaks come to our stake a couple years ago. I was so impressed with the way that he went out of his way to shake everyone's hand and say hello. What a great man!

Dawn said...

Wow! Already two!! Time is flying, the next thing you know, you'll be taking pictures of that little guy playing football! I think I'd die without ac, but if nobody has it, everyone's sweaty!!