02 July 2011

{Goodbye}

I know it has been almost a month since I last blogged. I have been kinda busy with a few things, one of which was moving clear across the country. So I have a little catching up to do with all the things we did before we left Washington. We sure packed a lot in the last few days. Bear with me as I get the blog up to date with our family happenings.

The day after Ryan graduated his mom threw our family a going away BBQ at his grandparent's house. It was also going to be a celebration of Ayden and Ryan's birthday since this was the last time getting together before the transcontinental voyage. Most of Ryan's extended family came as well and it was so good to see everyone one last time.
What wonderful grandparents Ryan has. We have been blessed to live by them for the last four years. If we ever needed anything they were the first to help. Papa always took us out for ice cream on our birthdays and we loved sharing several dinners and holidays with them. The kids love going to their home because they always feel so loved.
Ryan's Dad and Stepmom were also there for Ryan's graduation and stayed for the weekend so we got to have them at the BBQ as well.
After we had a delicious dinner of hambugers and ribs the gift giving commenced. Ayden was excited for a few new DS games and books and a new camera from Papa Don.
I think as well as turning ten he has also hit the socially awkward stage too!! Lucky us!
Ryan got a Kindle for his birthday and graduation and was really excited about his orange case (trust me it is orange)!!!
Unbeknownst to me I was also getting something. Ryan's stepdad started by having me come sit in front of everyone. Being the center of attention is not one of my favorite things to do. Then he proceeded to make me cry...another thing I don't like to do!! He wasn't being mean, he was in fact being very sweet and thoughtful. He felt like I deserved a graduation gift as well. Seeing as how I had been at Ryan's side over the last eight years of medical school and residency and had put in my share of hard work and long hours, he felt I should also be recognized for it. It is nice for someone to recognize what you have done even though you are mainly in a supporting role.
Some more crying......
...ok enough of all that crying!!!
I could have never guessed what they were going to give me. A new camera, a REALLY cool camera!! I love it and I love them for being so thoughtful and generous!!!
The kids enjoyed playing in the pool and the hot tub, running around the yard, playing football and just enjoying the day with family. It happened to be a beautiful day in Western Washington, which for the time of year was a welcomed surprise.


As a final goodbye we had to ride in Papa Ralph's wagon. The kids love getting rides and I think the adults like giving them almost as much.

Lauryn got lucky and got a chance to drive it herself. Papa is an excellent teacher, hopefully she is paying attention.
Thankfully we have several years before she is actually driving!!! :)
Family really is the best and we are so thankful for ours. We don't know what we would do without their constant love and support. We are going to miss them for sure!!!
Until we see you again....

3 comments:

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

okay - you made me cry again! We miss you SO much! Great pictures and I can't wait to see what you take with that new camera! Love you bunches!

Heather said...

Oh yes. you totally deserve it. don't think other wise. are you kidding me.... well, you know all the looooooooong hours+alone time!
hope you sort.of know how to use it now?!?!?!? ;))))))

RR said...

Aims..
You're wonderful!

Hey I know you may be alittle busy right now but I was wondering how the drive out there went..also did you make some stops on the way??

do tell sister!