We spent Independence Day in downtown Washington DC this year with my Cousin Hannah and had a great time. We had planned to stay the whole day and watch the fireworks too but it ended up being a little too long for our kids. Sorry Hannah!!! But for the time that we were there it was great. The kids loved the parade and probably their favorite thing was getting to ride the Metro for the first time. We also enjoyed the Museum of Natural History too which is gigantic and so we only hit a few of the exhibits. We'll have to go back and see the rest another time. It was great to celebrate the birth of our Nation in the Nation's capitol. I am so thankful for the country that I live in and for the men and women who protect the freedoms I enjoy!! It was a great 4th of July!!


3 comments:
Wow.love all the pictures! that looks so fun! Maybe next year the
4th with the Heitmann's!! ;)
jealous..
it's like a REAl 4th celebration..
Glad you got there safe and sound! Fun to see all the updates!
Post a Comment