12 April 2008

Cardinals vs. Red Sox

Ayden had his first game of the season last Saturday. It was the start of the season for the whole league and they had opening ceremonies and had all the teams file on to the field. Ayden looks pretty happy to be there. I was suprised at how BIG LEAGUE some of these teams were. They had sweatshirts with their names embroidered on them, the coaches in full team warm-ups. While our team would have liked to have had sweatshirts (it was cold), some teams were a little over the top. But why not have fun I guess.
This is Ayden first at bat, he struck out this time up but got on base his last two at bats. He was pretty fun to watch run around the bases. The batting helmet he was wearing was too big and he could hardly keep it on.

Ayden is watching his first base coach for the go-ahead. While the Cardinals didn't win, they had a good time playing. It is very low key and I think the kids all had fun. Let the games begin!!

4 comments:

Alison said...

I am so glad you got to "get out of town" for spring break. Redmond is a great place and Oregon is the most beautiful state (uh-hem...I'm a proud Oregonian, if you can't tell). I can just picture the little biking trip--cute little prego belly and all :)

*Katie May* said...

That is the cutest little pic of Ayden with his little clinched fist. So excited!

Dawn said...

How fun! I can't wait for this season, we'll see how he likes it in the end. I've heard tee ball games can be sort of lllloooonnnnnggg.

Robyn said...

I love the first pic of Ayden. Looks like a true athlete!