24 April 2008

Tape, Tape and MORE Tape!!!

Sorry for the lack of posting. We have been a little busy over at the house trying to get it ready for paint. I knew that it would be a big task to tape everything off and that we would use a lot of tape, but seriously it got a little ridiculous. One day I made FIVE trips to Lowe's to buy tape and other such things. We ended up needing more plastic to cover the floors too. Well this last weekend Ryan's Mom and Step-dad came and helped us get everything taped, papered and ready for paint because on Monday (4/21) my Dad was coming to spray the entire interior with our base coat. We even had his Aunt, Uncle and Cousin come on Saturday night for reinforcement help to get it done. We couldn't have done it without them, boy are we lucky to have helpful family!! So here are some before pics of the ready house and all our busy bees at work. Thanks again guys! Margaret attacking the small windows in the office.
This is going to be Ayden's room. Pepto pink is what we call it. We had to prime this room as well before my dad could paint it. Ayden wants a blue room, thank heaven's. I wouldn't even want this color for my girls!!
Beth, Brian and Amy!! Our reinforcement for laying down plastic!! Thanks guys-
Busy taping the kitchen off before all the plastic got layed over the cabinets.
With a weekend full of work done, the house was ready to paint first thing Monday morning. 20 gallons of paint and about 4 hours later the entire house was painted and so was my dad!! We really couldn't have done it with out our family's help. Meysa was excited about the un-taping party that we had after touch ups were done. It always takes a billion times longer to put it all up than it does to take it all down. I would much rather have an un-taping party than a taping party. Now on to painting the accent walls! I'll post more pics later of all that fun!!

16 comments:

*Katie May* said...

What nice relatives! Did you dad not wear glases?

Heather said...

Yeah!!! let me know if you need any help in my free time!!! ;)

Dawn said...

I knew you'd been busy doing something, but wow, the guys at Lowes probably know you now! Thank heavens for dads and paintguns! I can't wait to see the end!

Debbi said...

How exciting to be painting! Those pictures are great, especially the one of your dad!

Ashley said...

Is the ceiling of Pepto Room painted pink as well? I think I'd start feeling claustro in all that pink! =).

Glad you had so much help with the painting! Just another perk to live so close to family, I'm jealous!

Aimee, you need to post a pregnant pic, I want to see how cute you are!

The Grandy's said...

Paint guns? Probably didn't use paint guns, but that would have been a blast. I can't wait to paint. How long did it take you to hear back from the bank when you were buying?

Lisa B said...

Looks good! That is nice you were able to use paint guns! Man, rolling and hand brushing corners for each room takes a LONG time. That is why we are still painting and we have been in the house for almost 1 year! What color paint is the neutral tan? I like it!!!

Lani said...

That picture of your dad brings back memories (good and bad) of building houses on the reservation and getting them ready to paint and then painting into the night and then taking down all the prep.... then the bad dream continued in college when I ended up doing a bunch of remodeling to get through undergrad. I have tons of pictures of Santa Claus eyebrows and eyelashes coming home at midnight after painting a house or an apartment in Provo. When things got bad in dental school or residency I just remembered the humidity, fumes, sweat, and frantically unclogging spray rigs in bad lighting and you know what, I just pressed on through the educational juggarnaut :) I don't know if I would have made it through without fresh memories of that hard labor threatening me.

Haylee Mollerup said...

Hey! Your family is growing up! I can't believe how big your kids are! And I didn't know that you are pregnant! Congrats! It's fun to catch up with what'd going on in your life! And yes, you are more than welcome to put me on your blog roll! I need to figure out how to do that! :)

A*Waite said...

Wow! What a task! I am so happy your family could come and help out!
Amber

Laura Bernard said...

What a project! How awesome to have help! I agree with Ashley, I want to see that belly!

Good luck with all the house readying!

THE BEAN FAMILY : aaron,candace,ashlyn,alysse, and macey said...

Arent these types of projects so much fun while you are pregnant? We are moving in two weeks and I have to completely pack by myself since aaron is doing his worst rotation this month. Also thank you for blogging things like this. I am always so sad that we dont have a house yet and it seems like everyone else is buying their first homes...I know slightly immature but oh so true. But after reading posts like this I am way to tired i will wait. Your house looks really cute. I cant wait to see the finished product.

Becky T said...

WOW!! That looks like a ton of work, but I'm sure you will be so glad to have done it ALL right now instead of room by room after you move in. Lots of work, but at least it's exciting work, huh?! How fun for you guys!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

We have a picture of Andy just like that...covered in paint! I am glad you are getting it done it looks like a nice house.

Alison said...

Oh, that looks like a lot of work...but so worth it in the end!! The house looks adorable! I love the arch-way into the kitchen. I'm so excited for you :)

RR said...

Hi Amy,
I have the number of the guy who can get us the crib. I don't have you number but I didn't forget. Call me so we can go to tacoma to get the crib. Rachel Rosado