07 June 2008
Graduation!!!
Ryan is no longer an intern...yeah. Yesterday he graduated from internship and the senior residents graduated from their repective residencies. There was a nice ceremony in the morning for them all. They all had to be in their Dress Blues. Everyone looks pretty sharp. That evening we went to the Senior Roast and had a great time. It was fun just to be on "a date" for the first time in a while. Hearing all the funny stories about the seior residents was an absolute riot. I'm suprised I didn't go into pre-term labor from laughing so hard. It will be interesting to see what they roast Ryan on in three more years.
Graduating interns. They are a great bunch and have a lot of fun together!! L-R...Ryan, Melissa, Kyle, Sarah, Zaal.
The interns with LTC. Chinn (Left side) and Col. Nielsen (on the right). LTC. Chinn is the program director and Col. Nielsen is the Department head and the consultant to the surgeon general for OB/GYN. They are both really nice guys and Ryan has enjoyed working with them.
Yup, I'm the poster child for the OB Department. Ryan was post call this morning so he looks like he could use a nap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That's awesome! Getting closer to the end :)
I'm very proud of both of you! Congratulations!
Love you!
Mom
Congrats! Does he already have the 'Dr.' title yet?
Two more years right? (that's like my mantra lately)
Thank heavens this year is just about over. I want my husband back. Casey is taking Step 3 this month. How about Ryan? Is he done with that yet?
The other day a guy asked what Casey did for a living and he said he was a doctor and the guy kept saying, "really? you're a doctor?" like he didn't believe him. Nice, huh.
Yeah... He is a 2nd year now!!
I sort-of feel bad though cause it's a lot more work!!!
We had a fun night.. til next year! :)
Did you have to buy the dress blues or did they issue them. Because we have to buy them for Caleb's graduation and I want to pass out at the price. What ridiculousness! He does look sharp though. Men in uniform...
4 years for an OB residency? Wow! All my OB friends residencies took five years! Sweet deal Ryan. That is awesome.
Congratulations!!! At times I wondered if we would ever survive this internship thing:)
Post a Comment