11 August 2008
The love of a Sister
Well as many of you know we have been having a hard time coming up with a name for our little guy. We would like to find a name that could be spelled with a Y because all of the other kids have "y's" in their name. Unfortunately we really only agree on the name Coleman and it doesn't have a y in it. If we did put a Y in it, it would look feminine. So we are at a stalemate. The only other name in the running is Wyatt. So periodically we ask the kids which one they like the best, Coleman or Wyatt. The older kids say they like Coleman and Lauryn, well she shows just how much she loves her soon to be born brother. She is adament that his name is Poopy!! Everytime we ask her what his name is or which name she likes better between our two choices and she says it is Poopy!! No one has prompted her or encouraged her at all. I think of the future relationship between Lauryn and her baby brother. It has a 50/50 shot of being wonderful but starting out with her calling him Poopy isn't exactly going down that road. Hopefully when he is born we can reprogram her little mind into calling him by his real name. And yes I know what you are all thinking, "well Poopy does have a Y in it!" But that is not even an option!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Ha! That is really funny! Jeff says that Jeffrey has a "Y" in it!! Ha ha! We also came up with Jeremy, Tyler, Henry, Kyler, Kelly, Skyler & many more :) Good luck!! I loved the story!
Okay, now we just can't stop. Ryan, Jr., Bryan, Kyle, Dylan, Jayden, Hayden, Cody, Brady, Brayden...okay, I guess we got a little obsessed. It actually seem like there are a lot...we were surprised with the lists we were able to come up with...hee hee...only a few more days to choose :)
Too Funny! Baby Poopy! Awesome! Glad my house isn't the only one obsessed with potty talk lately. My kids managed to teach Jonas to say Bum. I didn't make an issue of it initially, but now that Jonas walks around saying "Bum, Bum, Bum" I'm regretting that!
Hope the name game ends soon! Good luck with it. It's always tricky.
Grace went to bed with a tear in her eye, missing Meysa. She asks to visit Washington about once a week. I keep thinking it will fade . . . it's been a year! But her love is still going strong! Please give Meysa her love!
Good luck getting that baby here!
Both names are cute! And how funny of Lauryn
That is adorable. Where do 2 year olds come up with these things. I will second Alison on Hayden. I absolutely love that name although it may not work for your family because you already have an Ayden my second vote is Kyle. Good Luck!
That is very cute! Tough decision on names. We havn't had a hard time with the 3 we have picking out names, but we want another soon, the kids know this so we try to come up with a name, 1 time during dinner, couldn't think of a good one, but the kids came up with...Salad Head! that is what we were having. Good Luck!!!
Oh come on Mom:) That is so funny! I can't believe how close you are getting! You look great!
What a funny girl! It is funny to see how little ones react to new babies. It definately can be a challenge to find a name that works, the two you have come up with are both cute, good luck!
:) sweet little lauryn...
Oh man 2 year olds a kick! Good luck with the name thing - they're both cute. I hope for your sake that you have him soon. :)
That little thing is just about my favorite. You know that he'll be Poopy forever more, Aaron still can't avoid Tigger.... Lucky him :)
One of my friends has three boys: Emryk, Ayden, and Owyn.
Can't wait to see your new little one! (Can't wait to see mine a little more ;) Wanna race? haha)
Am I allowed to say that I dislike naming conventions? Like "Your middle name will be your father's first name" and "All the names must start with D". Boo.
I'm sure you won't be able to avoid "Poopy", so you might as well go with it.
That is too stinkin' funny! I thought my kids came up with some crazy ones!! Ya hopefully she will start calling him something else at some point or the poor kid is going to have a complex... HAHAHA
Post a Comment