24 August 2008
Take me out to the ball game.
When we moved out to Washington we made a list of things we wanted to do. Going to a baseball game was one of them. I made a decision early this year, that no matter how busy things got at work I would take a day or afternoon every so often to spend time with the family doing something on that list. I planned three months ago to take Ayden and Meysa to a MLB game. Aimee unfortunately missed out because of the pregnancy (she still has never been to one). The kids were really excited to go. We also invited along Grandma, Grandpa and Great Nana and Papa. I knew Ayden would be glued to the action for the whole game but wasn't sure about Meysa. She actually did pretty well.
Here we are walking up to Safeco Field.
One of the reasons we picked the game we did was becuase it was backpack night. Ayden had to stand here with his new backpack watching the end of batting practice.
The kids and myself walking down to the team store to get some shirts. Grandma insisted on getting them some.
Running out to start the game.
Papa Ralph always buys a bag of Hoodys peanuts from a vendor outside the ballpark. Meysa has a great time cracking the shell and eating the peanuts. She is actually much happier than she looks.
The Mariners do a contest each game to see which fan brings the best "rally fries" sign. The winner gets an order of Rally Fries (which are famous garlic fries passed out in the 7th inning).
Grandma and the kids held up the sign faithfully every half inning trying to get noticed and put on the big Jumbotron in centerfield. So far no luck.
In the 7th inning Ayden had to go to the bathroom, so grandma took him and stood outside with him. Papa Greg was also out getting coffee for Grandma. That left Nana, Papa, Meysa and myself to hold up the sign. Wouldn't you know it, we got caught by the cameras and put on the big screen. It must have made it on TV (Fox Sports Northwest) because grandma saw it too on the TV out on the concourse. She was pretty bummed that the one half-inning she misses was the inning they decided to show out sign. Ayden didn't care too much, he still thought it was neat that his sign made it on the TV. We didn't win any fries, but we got on TV!!!
Meysa and grandma having a good time.
Another pic documenting me actually spending time with my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I was sitting here thinking that Aimee was super mom taking her newborn to a Mainers game until I relized that Ryan was posting this. Wow, what a great way to spend Saturday night with the kids and probably give Aimee a quiet night too! Was this the big back to school night? That is great you got on TV, I love the sign!
Looks like lots of fun!
Your sign was really cute. And it's awesome that it made it on TV. What a fun night out with the kids. So are you a Mariner's fan, Ryan, or do you just like going to any exciting baseball game?
How fun! Tom loves to go to games, and the kids love it for about a 1/2 hour. Then I come and pick them up from the ballpark. It's ok when the stadium is 20 minutes from the house, not ok when we live 2 hours from the baseball park. Looks like you had a ton of fun and great that you made it on to the jumbo tron. I love it even more that Aimee got a quiet night at home with Wyatt. Fun Fun!
maybe someday we will make it there too!!!:) looks like sooooo much fun! love all the stuff they got!! you gotta love grandparents!! :)
I've only been to one baseball game because I won free tickets. I think I have ADD too severely to appreciate them, because I wanted to slit my wrists and do push-ups in salt water.
Nice post and congrats on the new kid... I am kind of disappointed that Ryan didn't deliver the tike at home though..... I mean, come on, I take out my kids teeth at home, whatcha scared of? (granted, the teeth are flapping in the breeze and the EBL on flipping out a little tooth is about 8 red blood cells)
What a great family night and an AWESOME sign!!
Wyatt is adorable you guys congrats! Aimee I would love to hear more about how it is with four kids now compared to before. Is the switch from three to four a big deal or you already of the multiple thing down? What number switch was the hardest for you (1 to 2, 2 to 3, etc.)?
That was a great post! How fun! I loved the sign, too and I totally thought you were going to say you won! You should have!!
PS: I like Amber's question. Please don't tell me 1 to 2 was the worst :)
Fun!!! You guys were like the ultimate fans with the finger, shirts, and original sign! WAy TO GO! I love the List Idea too.
Post a Comment