24 November 2008

Happy Birthday Meysa!

Ok, I know this is late but at least I am posting it(her birthday was the 19th). I just haven't been in a very bloggy mood as of late. But I couldn't not post about my Meysa's birthday. She has been waiting very impatiently for this day to come. I think she is the last one of her friends to turn the BIG 5 and boy was she ready to join that elite club! (disclaimer: blogger is retarded, the pictures don't upload in the order you want them to, so the pics are out of order) I guess we will start at the end here. The one thing Meysa wanted was yes, you guessed it, a HORSE. Not much has changed in a year with this girl. She is still in love with horses. So we got her a horse, granted it is a much smaller version and a lot less hassle to keep. She loves it and so does Lauryn as you can tell in the picture. Lauryn had a melt down when we told her that it was in fact not her horse but Meysa's. It is so hard to be a two year old.
The smile of pure joy, she knew what was in that big box!!!
We made her open up a few smaller gifts before giving her the horse. Just some brain quest flash cards and a workbook. Trying to get a head start on Kindergarten!!
I bet I can guess what her wish was, how about you? I think it starts with a H and ends with a neigh!!!
Meysa of course wanted once again a horse cake. I thought I would change it up and do a horse this way. I am telling you if she wants one again next year I am not sure what I will do. It was a fun day for her. She got to take cupcakes to preschool and share with her class, which was a big deal to her. I can't believe that she is 5 already. It really does seem like yesterday that I had her. She is such a delight to have in our family. She has a wonderful personality, she loves to pretend and imagine all the time. She loves to make up songs and stories to tell to her little sister. I love being her mother, for she has taught me volumes already!!
On a side note, I think Wyatt has hit the "I don't want anyone but my Mom stage"!! Nana and Papa came to have cake and ice cream with us and this is what he did when Papa got a hold of him. Not happy!!
And he did the same thing for Dad. I think he was hungry so that probably made it worse. Neither of those guys smelled like milk!!
A shot with Papa Ralph!! Thanks for coming to celebrate with us Nana and Papa!! And thanks to all our other grandparents that called and wished Meysa a Happy Birthday!!

6 comments:

Laura Bernard said...

Happy Birthday Meysa! We just were talking about her today at lunch, as I reminded Grace that Meysa's B-day was just a few days ago. That girl is a doll. And we really do still miss her!

Ashley said...

Your cutes are seriously so adorable, I'm not just saying that. I have so many pictures when I was little of trying to open my older sister's gifts, loving her gifts more than mine..so that pic of Lauryn & Meysa makes me smile. There's something about having an older sister I guess. And too funny about Wyatt crying. He's looks edible..I just want to hold him. Guess I should have my own..haha.
Happy Bday to Meysa! How did you make that horse cake? It looks awesome!

Ashley said...

i meant to say your kids are adorable..not your cutes..haha. Don't know where that came from!

Angela said...

Okay, I know it may not be cool to send a commercial via comments vs email, but here I am. I just love the Dover Kits and they have a great Horse Kit. You can check it out at Dover online and then buy it cheap for 12.50 at Rainbow Resource Center. They have all kinds of horse coloring books, stickers, etc. (at Dover) and RRC has lots of horse toys.

I want your scoop on where you got the pink cowboy boots. I know they had some at Children's Place at one time but not anymore. So want some (for me, he he).

Oh, and I super love the cake. I'd never go all out like that. You're a cool mom!

Lani said...

My wife loved that cake... she is a horse lover also. Cute pictures.

Robyn said...

Mariah has the same love of horses. She would die if I made her a cake like that!

She has always been so beautiful!