13 December 2008

Christmas Festivities

We have been busy as of late with all the fun Christmas activities one could imagine. I have been shopping and shopping and oh, yes shopping. Now, I am not shopping so much because I really have that much money, but mostly because I can't seem to find everything I want at one store and so I have to patronize many stores. It makes for long days, and I really am not that big a fan of shopping to begin with. So enough of my boring Christmas stuff, the kids have been having all the fun!! A good and brave friend invited a few friends over to decorate sugar cookies after school yesterday. And boy did the kids have a lot of fun. All the girls ready and waiting for the go ahead to start decorating. Notice if you will the clean table cloth and the clean children.
We really didn't mean to segregate the boys and the girls, they basically did it themselves. They just didn't want to be near each other.
Ayden's decorated cookies. Not bad, but wait till you see Meysa's and her sidekick Marlee's cookies.
I think there was a little green sugar used in the making of those cookies. I don't think we could really tell where the pile of sugar or cookie began. Meysa's was overflowing with frosting. But hey they had fun!!
I bet you can't guess who's cookies were drenched in green sugar can you? Kids are fun!!!

Well today we got to go up to Dad's work and see someone very special, other than their Dad mind you!! The kids had fun stuffing their faces and waiting impatiently for you-know-who to show up. Larry the head clinic nurse dresses up as Santa every year and the kids love it.
Ayden got a watch, which he as been asking for.
Meysa was eager to sit on Santa's lap and loved her little princess doll!!
Lauryn actually sat on Santa's lap this year. Last year she wouldn't even let her bum hit his felt. She also loved her princess doll!!
And let's not forget little Wyatt. He didn't even cry, but maybe that is because he couldn't see who was holding him.
Wyatt and Dad watching for Santa to make his entrance!!


On a side note, I discovered my youngest Daughter is headed for a life of crime. I don't know where I have gone wrong in teaching her what is right and what is wrong, but I have obviously failed. Let me tell you how it went down. Yesterday I had to get some ink for my printer to finish some Christmas presents and we went to Costco but they were out of my kind. So we crossed the parking lot to check Best Buy. They had what I needed and on the way to the check stand I perused the digital cameras, just to torture myself I guess. After drooling over them and realizing that it was no use, no one was going to have pity on me and give me one, I told Lauryn that we needed to leave. We checked out, got home and went on about our day. Well today I got to the base(for the office Christmas party) and was getting out the stroller (the very same one I used in Best Buy) to put Wyatt's car seat in. And what to my astonishment did I find in the basket? My daughter's loot. She swiped a nice battery kit for a nice camera. I about died!!! I couldn't figure out how I hadn't seen her put it under there, and why had the alarms at the store not gone off as I was leaving. Long story short, I had to return the stolen item to the store and the bewildered customer service guy was surprised that I even brought it back. He just said, and I quote "Uh, wow, thanks!" There must not be many people who would return it I guess. So next time you see Lauryn I give you permission to call her "Sticky Fingers"!! Anyways that is what we have been up to lately!! Lots of fun!!!

5 comments:

Colton said...

I did all my Christmas shopping online. Amazon.com usually ships for free if you buy enough, and I also despise stores.

Your husband looks like Voldemort in that one picture. Or a vampire.

*Katie May* said...

I've returned stuff too and they think I'm crazy.

Anonymous said...

Aimee,
Same thing happened to me this week-- Only I was the theif!!! Yep see I was talking to Aina on the phone when I got to the check out-- Tivi was in her car seat in the middle of the cart --so I couldn't see the CASE (that would be 8-- 5#bags) of sugar on the bottom of the cart--- I strolled right out of the store- loaded everything up - came home and put everything away-- I didn't catch it until the next day when I was checking the reciept for something when I realized she hadn't charged me for it! So back to the store I went--- the cashier said she never had any one admit to taking something even if it was an accident and come back into to pay for it!!!! But I have to say My favorite story of grocery store theft was when Tru when he was a baby ate a bannana and I had the cashier ring up another bannana twice -- she was laughing at me along with the people behind me.
Sounds like you are having a wonderful holiday season! Kiss your kids for Auntie Airica...We love you guys and will talk to you soon!
Airica

Dawn said...

I think anyone who has tried to make a mad dash to the exit shopping with kids has had this happen before, and it's usually something to eat for my kids. Ryan is especially sneaky at grabbing something at the checkout and stashing it in the bagged and paid for items and then when I realize it, it's too late, so i have to remember the next time. I'm usually good at remembering, but get the same comment, uh, wow, thanks for being honest. I've even had one lady question my honesty and I told her I wasn't going to have a little candy bar on my conscience. If I was gonna, I'd go big!

Becky T said...

Wow, those cookies look amazing! :) I love the story about your klepto-maniac, though. :) I think we've all been there or close to there, for sure! Way to go being honest and taking it back. :)