22 December 2008

Winter Wonderland

Well here is our winter wonderland. The kids have been in heaven with all this snow. We got the last three days of last week off as snow days and we had church cancelled yesterday. So I am feeling a bit of cabin fever. We did make it out Saturday morning before the snow started flying again to get some food, and what a bunch of craziness that was. Walmart was a nightmare and Costco wasn't any better. We did need to clear our drive and dig out the cars yesterday because Ryan thought he was going to go and pick up a friend at the airport, but ended up not having to. As we were finishing up our drive way we looked across the road to one of our neighbors trying to shovel his drive with a pointed metal garden shovel. He was getting no where fast so we trudged over there and in no time had him dug out too. We thought since it was the Sabbath we could at least help another right!! Last night we had some guys on snowmobiles running in the back. That would have been a lot of fun. Ryan made it into work this morning fine and the kids and I are holed up for another "snow day". The kids dug out the Marty Stouffer "Wild America" dvds and are watching them intently. Oh the memories of watching that show as a kid. Ayden asked me if my parents just "pushed play for all the episodes". I told him no, I was a kid when the show was on TV and we didn't have dvds. He gave me the look like are you serious?!!! That made me feel really old!!! And Mr. Wyatt thinks he is old enough to eat steak and potatoes now. We found tooth #1 the other day. Ayden was only four months when he got his first teeth as well. I can see the competition beginning with these boys already. Wyatt beat Ayden in the 4 month weight department by 5 oz. Lots of fun!!!


7 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Wow beautiful pics! Love how the pics have a blue to them. I sure am glad it doesn't snow down here!!

Colton said...

I wish beyond words that I could get a snow day. It just looks amazing!

Colton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teresa / Andy said...

snow for everyone! :) I spent much of this mornin' shoveling and now the sun has come out and it is just sparkling and beautiful again!
I'm on vacation 'til the 5th, but Andy's at work, calling often about our proposed adventure tomorrow....we might not make it afterall with all this snow!
Time will tell...

Enjoy it before it all melts into mush!!

Frasier Family said...

Isn't all this snow craziness?!?! Lewiston has a ton of snow too. I don't think it has snowed like this since our senior year of highschool! Oh the memories. =)

Vickie said...

We're loving the snow too! Although I did try to shovel the driveway with a garden shovel - I got about 1/3 of it done before I decided it was pointless. It's almost as good as Iowa now!!

Dawn said...

I like the snow...from a distance! I guess I just get cabin fever a whole lot faster than you!! Hope you guys aren't buried for too long, but you will be having a white christmas! Hope its a good one!