25 December 2008

Merry Christmas

Well Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you all had a great time with family. We spent a quiet Christmas at home this year with just our little family and it was wonderful. Don't get me wrong, I like being with extended family, but it is nice every once in a while to be with just you and yours!! We did have a white Christmas this year and it was nice. Here are some pics of the kids with their snowmen!! With all the snow we got the kids were actually able to make a few snowmen. They have thoroughly enjoyed playing out in the snow. Unfortunately now it is all ice covered and not that much fun!!

This snowman was more like a frog. The kids had so much fun, and it is nice to have a fenced in yard to let them play to their little hearts content and not have to worry!!
Well our Christmas Eve was a quiet one. Ryan had to work on L&D all day so it was just the kids and I. We had big plans though and they started with making our traditional sugar cookies to leave for Santa. We love these cookies, making and eating them!! I put the frosting on them and then the kids applied the decorations. They had a lot of fun!!
During the afternoon we watched a good movie together. Kit Kitteridge, an America Girl. So cute, a must see!! We played and cleaned up the house to get ready for Santa!! Then we made our homemade pizza for dinner and it was delicious!!!

Pizza 1 of 2. Our family now has to make two pizzas to satisfy everyone, plus to have a little leftover for the next day!! I am just afraid when the kids are older and are actually eating more. How many will we have to make then?!!

The kids got Christmas pajamas that they got to open after dinner. They were so excited to get something new and to actually open something up. We don't put any presents under the tree until after the kids are in bed Christmas Eve night. When they saw the gifts under the tree in the early afternoon they drove me nuts about opening them up. I am now even more firm in my decision to wait until they are asleep to put any presents out!!

Next up was dessert. This is a tradition that I wanted to start and the kids enjoyed it. Chocolate fondue!! Ryan bought us the fondue pot to enjoy this delicious stuff in.
I gave the kids wooden kabob sticks because I thought they were safer than the fondue forks. They had fun dipping and eating. Next year we might actually try the cheese fondue too!!

Poor Wyatt he didn't get any chocolate, his sad face tells you how he feels about that!! He didn't think all those toys were a good substitute for chocolate!!

Christmas morning was a whirlwind of paper flying and screams of delight. We tried to slow the kids down with opening the gifts, but were not too successful. This year we also started a tradition that I had in my family growing up and that was to draw names and make gifts for one another. It was a lot of fun this year and I think the tradition will stay with us. Lauryn had Daddy and she made him a frame for his office at work. She helped me decopauge it and paint the letters!! Dad loved it!

Ayden had my name and he decided that I needed a center piece for my table for next Christmas. He picked out the wreath, the flowers and did the wooden ornaments all by himself. I guess Dad helped by driving him to Michael's and paying for it. What a creative kid I have!!

Ayden and Meysa got the Wii game MarioKart and they were excited!!

Meysa had Ayden's name and she and I made him his own Jedi cape, complete with belt to hold his lightsaber. Meysa had fun sewing on the machine!! Ayden of course loved it!!



Meysa got a doll that goes with her horse that she got for her Birthday. She was pretty excited!!

Wyatt had Meysa and he (with mom's hlep of course) planned on making her some bracelets that had horse charms on them. The only problem was the stretchy string wouldn't tie and the ribbon was too big to go through the beads, so we are still working on it. But she was excited to see the horse stuff anyways!!

Daddy had Lauryn. He made her a church bag just like the big kids. It has all of her princess doll and Dora stuff in it right now, so she loves it!!

She also got a treasure chest FULL of dress up clothes for which she is very thankful for. She hasn't put a stitch of normal clothes on since!! Thanks Grandma Margaret!

Wyatt's first Christmas was wonderful. He had some fun opening his gifts. He did get a hold of the paper a few times. He found his hands this last week so he has been figuring out how to grab for things.


Mom had Wyatt's name and I made him his very own race cars. They are good chew toys for now, but I am sure soon enough he will be racing around the house with them.
That was our Christmas in a nut shell (sorry for the long post). We feel very blessed and are looking forward to next year and all the adventure that comes with it.

6 comments:

Frasier Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! I love all of the creative things you guys do with the kiddos. I might have to steal some of those ideas when Andren gets bigger.

*Katie May* said...

Looks like a great time! What a fun idea to make each other gifts

Angela said...

Awesome gifts! Making your own always makes it so meaningful. My fav is the Jedi cape. Very creative.

Dawn said...

What a great Christmas! I love the homemade gift idea. When do you draw names to have enought time? I am thinking July?? I wish now I was better about the camera, but I am just glad they stopped puking! Hope you have a Merry Christmas, oh and can you email your Christmas newsletter agian, or post it to your blog? My computer wasn't compatable, so I didn't get to read it! Thanks

Teresa / Andy said...

Very fun to see your Christmas morning on here. We sure missed seeing you guys. Happy New Year to you all - and keep Wyatt from growing TOO big before we get to see him! ;)

M & S Eagar said...

I'm actually already super excited about staying home next year to have our very own family Christmas. Not that I don't love all the family and friend events, but I'm looking forward to a little "you and yours" time.

As a side note, I have the best cheese fondue recipe ever that a friend gave me so when you decide to try cheese fondue...let me know.