After our fabulous day at the ball park we made our way over to Ryan's grandparent's house for a BBQ. They are so generous with their time for our kids sake!! Papa Ralph had called up earlier in the week and asked if he could make dinner for Ayden. Who can resist dinner made by someone else? It was so good, as usual, and the company was wonderful.

Ayden wanted a Star Wars the Clone Wars cake. I went to find a Star Wars cake pan, but do you think I could find one? NOPE!! They had Transformers, Spiderman, Batman, and even Walle (seriously people would make a Walle cake?) but no Star Wars! Of course I was doing this Friday afternoon so I had zero fudge room in the time department. Well Ayden got a round cake and I tried to copy the font of the movie title and I stole some of his Star Wars guys and stuck them on there. He was happy, so that made me happy. Obviously he is easy to please!!


Ayden the birthday boy was being so patient while we scrounged around Nana's kitchen looking for a candle. I had rushed off and left the #8 candle that I had at home. All Nana had was a #1 and a red round candle. So that is what Ayden got to blow out. He didn't mind at all, or at least didn't seem too. He just wanted to get to the good stuff....the cake and ice cream. Papa is the King of ice cream. He has 5 different varieties it seems at any given time.

Make a wish!!!

Meysa waiting for her slab of cake too!!!

Lauryn missed the whole thing. She fell asleep on the way from our house to Nana and Papa's and didn't stir until we were ready to leave. She had a busy day playing with Mary the babysitter.
Little Wyatt found great-grandma's stash of cars!! He was content to roam around and explore the house. He is getting too big!!!
Ayden got money, a toy machine gun (thanks to Meysa and the babysitter!), a new Wii game, some bakugons (have no clue how to spell that) and cool books about outer space and rocks. Of course we can't forget the Star Wars encyclopedia that he got too, which he devoured!!! Thanks everyone for being so thoughtful!!! Ok, I think that about wraps up his birthday!!
2 comments:
what a fun b-day, great job on the cake! I will be sad when they think they things we make them aren't good enough.
it's so fun to "see" your kids growing up even though we live on the opposite sides of the country!
Post a Comment