

Well my week thus far has been interesting. Wyatt has decide that he no longer wants to breastfeed. Sunday he just up decided he wasn't interested. The problem is he has also decided that he doesn't want a bottle, sippy cup or any other thing that may contain a liquid substance. I have tried different bottles with different nipples. I have tried different sippy cups and all with different liquids in them. He feels it is a serious breach of his oral space!! I have basically force fed him with a high flow nipple while he screamed (not very fun I might add). I don't mind that he doesn't want to nurse anymore but for heaven's sake the kids has to drink something. Of course he decides to do this three days before he was to go in and have another weight check at the doctors. What is this kid trying to do to me? Thankfully he has gained some weight and the Dr. was pleased with that. He also says that I can put Wyatt onto whole milk and that he will drink when he is ready. Kids won't go thirsty. I just have to be patient and hope he doesn't get dehydrated.
On a funny sidenote...(if you are Colton stop reading now I am about to talk about breast milk) I pumped some breastmilk to see if Wyatt would take it in a sippy cup or bottle and was shocked to see that it was GREEN!! Like Lime Sherbert green!! UHH that was new to me. Ryan didn't know what to think about it either. So to my trusty google search engine I go and find out that sometimes prenatal vitamins can change the color of breastmilk. As well as eating too much seaweed or drinking too much green Gatorade. I guess you learn something new everyday!! I tried taking a picture of the bottle but you can't really tell that it is green. No wonder Wyatt didn't want to nurse anymore. What kid wants GREEN breastmilk!!
9 comments:
lol that is funny, the green milk thing not the part that he won't eat. Hope he finds something he likes
Oh spare me, it's not that I am a prude. I grew up on a ranch. I just didn't like that a gross strange woman was making her pumping public knowledge while I was trying to eat cottage cheese in the public kitchen at the Institute building!
My problem is with the seaweed, not the vitamins. I love me a good seaweed salad.
Oh, Aimee, I just couldn't stop laughing! I remember Andy just "up and quitting" and wouldn't take anything either! Too funny! Glad he has gained weight! Can't wait to see you!
i still think it is funny... it was pretty nasty looking at the green milk though!!! ;) lol.
Huh, I've had orange milk plenty of times, but never green. Crazy! Good luck getting the guy to drink!
Not only did he just up and quit, but I think Andy won't eat real butter either.... he's just weird.
Funny breastmilk story: All of Lani's family are at the farm for the weekend. Lani's mom was uncomfortable and weaning a 1 year old so she pumped and with no place to put it and not to waste it, she put it in a cup and was going to give it to the kid to drink out of the cup. Next morning, Lani's uncle came in from working while everyone was eating breakfast and just wanting a "quick drink" for breakfast he opened up the fridge, pulled out the cup and took a little swig. He then stated, "this is weird, what is it?" No one knew and after a few seconds Lani's mom remembered it was some of her breast milk she pumped the night before and said, "Parley, that is my breast milk!" Well lets just say Parley started spewing chunks.... :) Famous family story. Moral of the story, don't drink anything out of open cups....
Now I'll know what to do next St. Patrick's day.
So funny! I've pumped before, but never got any funky colors! I've heard that e-coli can make your milk blue? Don't worry, he will drink, but yay, you don't need to buy formula!
How old is Wyatt now? That's funny about the green milk. I knew there was a reason I don't take that crap(I hope my doctor isn't reading this). Are you guys coming to the reunion this year?
Post a Comment