This is what I did today!! The local berry farm finally opened up for the summer and so off to the berry barn we went. I bought two flats of the most delicious strawberries. They were really ripe so we came right home to clean, cut and freeze them. The girls loved helping....well I should say
Meysa loved eating the strawberries. For every two strawberries that I cut into the bowl she would eat one. I had to finally threaten that I would ban her from the strawberries for the rest of the summer if she didn't keep out of the bowl. Lauryn didn't want to eat them, she just handed me the berries to cut. Nothing says summer like fresh berries and fruit!!!
Yummo!!
13 comments:
i'm there tomorrow to get some!!!
yummmmmmmmmm
Wow, that looks so perfect and delicious, I can't believe that those are real berries.
I'm craving a crepe now.
yum! Do you let them dry before you freeze them? I did strawberries not to long ago and just washed and cut the greens off but they tasted weird after being frozen
OH, yum!!! I love strawberries, and those one's look so good! I can't wait till my plants start producing (althoug, they don't get as big as that).
I love your Star Wars cake. I know how you feel with not being able to find one at the store. Evan loves Toy Story, but no one makes them anymore, which is crazy cuz it's still a well-loved show. I was thinking the same thing about all the Wall-E and Ratatoille cakes. Evan loves those shows, too, but loves Toy Story more. I was so frustrated, and just ended up making him an ugly, no-theme cake.
we bought some today too! they are so good it's our second flat this week! I kept thinking today that I should blog about it....maybe I will coopy you and do that too.
Oh how I love Spooners! Nothing beats their strawberries! Hooray for summer!!!
That's on my weekend agenda! I LOVE Spooner's strawberries - nothing better!
Aimee..I am such a slacker. I still haven't come over to see you. I promise to work on it. I'm leaving for Ecuador Thursday but I'll be back next week.
I live so close to Spooners. I think that place is touble for me too. Let me know next time you go with the kids. I'll meet you there and we can let the kids pick strawberries.
I wish we found a house south! It's in fife (radiance if you know the area) but it will work. If I had my way we would just live in Oly, or Lacy or even Puyallup, but the program told Wade they wanted him to be within 20 min of tacoma general so fife was the only place I felt ok about.....have you made strawberry shortcake yet with these? we had them sunday after church and they were super good!
Yummy, looks good. I can't believe it's that time of year again. I've just finished my second year and have a min. of two more to go. I would love to have my masters, but am just shooting for my BSN for now and then we'll see about the rest later. Depends on how pooped I am :)...I can't believe people actually go to school for a decade +!!!
Hey I'm talking to T right now. She is laughing. She is a dear long time (long time for me) friend. We meet 9 years ago.
We went up to pick strawberries at Spooner Berry Farms on Saturday. It was awesome and my kids loved eating the berries while we worked to pick them.
You're so lucky living in the NW to have all of that goodness! I am wondering how much you save? I have to pay at least $4 for a teeny little carton of strawberries.
Post a Comment