It is really hard to believe that I now have an 8 year old.
Ayden turned 8 today but yesterday we surprised him with his birthday present. For such a special birthday we didn't want to just get him toys and such so Ryan and I decided to do something WITH
Ayden that he loves and that he might possibly remember doing for sometime in the future!! We decided we would take him to a Seattle Mariner's game. This wouldn't be his first time going to a major league game (it was mine though), but he got to go with just mom and dad. No sisters allowed. We got a babysitter to watch the girls and Grandma Margaret came too. We didn't tell him where we were going but about the time we passed the airport he mentioned that he thought we were going to Seattle and that the Mariner's had a game. Smarty Marty!! It was so much fun!! He was so excited and told Ryan and I in about the 3rd or 4
th inning that this was a really good birthday present!!

Ryan and the boys just outside the right field gate. It was a nice day for a game. Overcast but warm!!

The
Heitmann Boys!
Ayden was so hungry when we got to the ball park. He was waiting patiently on the bleachers for us to decide where we were going to get some food. It was just too cool of a shot to pass up!!

Yup we got a shot with the Mariner's Moose.

You would think after how long Ryan and I have been together and how long Ryan has played baseball that I would have been to a major league baseball game before. But
surprisingly I hadn't. This was my first
MLB game and it was a lot of fun, just as a knew it would be. The seats were a major upgrade from the hard metal bleachers that I sat on through all those college games!!

Wyatt did pretty well once he finally passed out after a few innings. He was sorely overdue for a nap. Thanks Grandma Margaret for getting him to sleep!!

Which of these pitchers is not like the others? I bet you can't guess which one is the Rookie!!

Ken
Griffey Jr. was the DH and he ended up hitting the game winning double in the eighth inning to put the Mariner's up by one!!

And we can't forget about
Ichiro!! He is one of
Ayden's favorite players!!

The boys with their rally hats on.


Me and my boys. I feel so blessed to have them!!

Go Mariner's!!!

Wyatt didn't know what to think of the strawberry slushy at first but eventually took a real liking to it!!

The Mariner's won 2-1 over the Minnesota Twins!! As you can tell
Ayden was really happy about it. He was so much fun to watch during this game. He knew what was going on and was keeping track of runs and hits, balls and strikes. He really enjoys baseball!!!

I am so glad we chose to do this for
Ayden's birthday instead of toys or material things. It will be a happy memory that will last a long, long time.
8 things that we love about Ayden are:
1. He has a vivid imagination. He pretends constantly and makes all his own sound effects...pretty good at them too!!
2. He is determined.
3. He is a good big brother...when he wants to be. No really he does love his sisters and brother.
4. He is a good athlete. He is really a natural, which he did not get from me!!
5. He is smart and does really well in school. Math is easy for him.
6. He wants to do what is right and loves learning about the heroes in the scriptures.
7. He is a good friend and loves spending time with his buddies. Of course Star Wars and baseball are always played.
8. He is so easy to love and he easily gives his love to everyone!!
-I'll be posting more pics from the cake and ice cream portion of his birthday when I get them from my mother-in-law.
13 comments:
I am in love with this, I seriously am! What an awesome birthday and Ayden looks SO cute. I just love it. He looks like he is in heaven. You guys are smart--it honestly looks like the perfect birthday celebration for him. Good thinking! And I am in love with all the pictures!!
how fun! love all thew pics! A princess backpack huh? Interesting choice for the pitcher :)
Ah, baseball. Nothing does a better job of helping you appreciate the excitement of your life than a baseball game. After nine innings, stepping on gum is exciting. I mean, I want to gouge my eyes out. I mean, I'm glad that your family enjoys it. Someone has to go, I suppose, and I don't want it to be me.
But happy 8th to Ayden!
What a fabulous idea - and totally memorable!!! Happy Bday to Ayden - y'all all look fabulous in these pictures!!!
What a fun Birthday. I love the idea of taking Ayden out for it-I bet he never forgets this day.
aimee such fun pictures. love every one. i'm so glad are boys are BFF's... most of the time right. we love you guys.
happy e i g h t aiden.
What a great time we had and yes.....the pics of the cake and all are truly in the mail today!!!! Happy Birthday, Ayden! Love you lots!
Now this is my kind of birthday. I have to say going to a pro-baseball game has to be one of my favorite dates! I miss going there. Thank you for the pics.
What a fantastic idea for his birthday! Toys are so monotonous and messy! You created a wonderful memory for him - what a great mom! I'm in awe of you all the time!
Looks like everyone had a great time! It's days like that Ayden will always remember!
Happy Birthday Ayden!!! What a cool Birthday gift!
What a fun day! This makes me so excited to go to a game. LOVE IT! You got some great pictures! I love the new one of you and your man(the husband). Very cute!!:)
Happy birthday Aiden! I can't believe how fast it's gone, but it has. Tom can't wait unitl the boys can sit through a game, until then, he won't even think about taking them. Can't wait to see you guys in just a couple of weeks!!
Post a Comment