(It is always better to watch TV with a weapon. The kid slept with that thing last night!!)
About a year and a half ago we got rid of our direct tv. Our year long introductory price has expired and we really didn't feel like paying 70 bucks for a ton of channels that we didn't even watch. So right after Wyatt was born we canceled it. The kids were a little heartbroken at first but honestly after a week or so it seemed like they didn't even miss it. Occasionally Ayden would ask if we could get the color back on our TV, meaning actual channels. A few people thought his terminology for cable was pretty funny. I had someone even ask us if we indeed had a black and white TV. Really?!! My kids have done really well without tv, they have played more, read more and got along sorta ok at times!! I have at times missed being able to watch my cooking shows or other things of that nature but I have so many other things to do that I really liked not having it. I also really liked not having the smut that is so readily available on tv now days in my home. Well we (meaning Ryan) decided that they had missed out on enough sports programming and we got our "COLOR" back about a week ago. When the kids got home from school they were really excited. Adyen exclaimed, "Thanks Mom for getting channels back on our TV. You are the best!!" They have been good about not watching TV all the time, and actually play/pretend more than they watch TV. Ayden's favorite thing to watch recently is sports, especially football. He almost had a meltdown the other night when I sent him to bed before the Colts/Jaguar game was over because he didn't get to see the final score. This morning he woke up and quickly checked to see if there were any football games on today. He was bummed when he had to miss one because we had to do some last minute Christmas shopping. Last night he watched Sports Center so he could get the final scores for basketball, hockey and football games. He stated that he wanted all the ferocious teams to win. For example in the hockey match between the Maple Leafs and the Sabers he sided with the Sabers. Maple leafs don't really strike fear into...well anything. He likes to make a little score card for each game and write down the final score. It is comical to listen to him watching the game. He cheers when someone, anyone scores. He has also decided that he wants to play football this next year instead of baseball. He said he wants to try other sports to see which one fits him the best. It will be fun to watch him decide which one he likes best. As for Ryan, he loves having a partner in crime when it comes to watching sports now!!

7 comments:
hahahah!!! glad you have color back too...
glad ayden loves the weapon! just wait til after christmas & the boys play til their hearts are content!!! :)
merry chritmas!!
xox
SOOOO cute! I love when kids say funny things like that. We didn't have t.v. for the first 5 years of our marriage, and now that we can afford it, I definitely see the benefits of not having it again...almost! :)
WOW.
Hulu.com
Enough said.
The only reason to have tv..is High Def Sports..It's the only thing that for some reason has to be watched live in the moment.
I know that comment sounds like Greg but it's actually Rach..I guess Greg's gmail is logged on.
Too funny! And just in time for football playoffs! Love the scoreboard!
oh crap. it sounds like you have another Ryan/Tom in the making. You knew Tom PROPOSED during sports center, right? Good luck with the new channels!!
Post a Comment