13 December 2009

{The Nutcracker}

My girls and I went to the Nutcracker yesterday and we had the best time. We went with some of Meysa and Lauryn's friends (and mine too) from church and I think that made it all that much more fun for the girls. My good friend Carrie bought everyone's ticket and set up the whole day. Thanks a ton Carrie!! I had never been to a ballet and of course neither had my girls. They were excited with the idea of watching real ballerinas dancing around but I don't think they had any idea what to expect. Right before it started I leaned over to Meysa to tell her that there wouldn't be any talking, but that they would tell a story through dance and she gave me the funniest look like you have got to be kidding me. But what was neat was that they still followed the story even though there weren't any words. They jumped and giggled at all the right times. They recognized most of the music from the movie Fantasia that they have watched a billion times. The ballet company was selling ornaments to raise money for themselves and the girls got to pick out their own ornament. Meysa chose a crystal heart and Lauryn wanted a pink pair of ballet slippers. They can't wait to put them on our tree tomorrow. Going to the Nutcracker might have to become a Christmas tradition from now on!!

All of the super cute girls before we headed into the show!!

Moms and daughters. There was a nice lady that offered to take our picture so we could be in it with our girls. Thanks nice lady, whoever you are!!

Me and my girls. Oh, it was fun to go out with just them.

Meysa and Lauryn waiting for the show to start. Lauryn did pretty well until the very end of the 2nd act and then she had the wiggles. But for the most part she was enthralled with the action or she was dancing in the aisle. It was a really fun date with just my girls. Boy do I love them!!

7 comments:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

How fun!!! You are such a good mama!! I am so glad you got to go do that with your girls!!

Heather said...

super fun! tradition for sure. thanks for all the pictures & for your help!! mauh!

xo.

*Katie May* said...

What a blast for you and your girls! I really need to get out more with Kiley and do fun girlie things :)

Odd Family said...

Totally a tradition! What a blessing it is to have daughters who we can do girlie things with!I love how big your pictures are. You might have to show me how to do that...:0)

RR said...

Love the pictures! Looks super fun! Maybe in 3 years Olivia and Lauryn can go!

Coleman Family said...

We did have a blast, didn't we? The girls had so much fun - it definitely should be a tradition while we're all together! Love ya!

Dawn said...

What a great tradition!! I think you should definitely do this each year. Fun!