
We got to extend our Thanksgiving holiday by a day. We decided to have our Thanksgiving dinner on Friday so that Ryan could enjoy it with the family due to his crazy schedule with night float. I did enjoy cooking and baking all the trimmings for the dinner, even though it took me all day and that was with doing pies the day before. Ayden said it was the BEST Thanksgiving dinner EVER, and he had seconds so I guess he would know. I even tried out a new roll recipe this year. I am still undecided as to whether I like it better than my old standby or not. It was nice to be with my little family.

Ryan slept most of the day since he had worked all night and while he slept the older kids entertained themselves by playing checkers. Ryan's grandparents had gotten us this over sized checkers game years ago and the kids are finally old enough now to play it on their own. I love that it is so large and pretty indestructible. There is no board to break or rip and it is pretty hard to lose one of the pieces due to their size.

Ayden was always black and Meysa was always red. There was a little sibling rivalry going on between Ayden and Meysa. Ayden is usually the that wins games played between the two, but unfortunately for him he didn't this time around. Meysa had the upper hand and Ayden wasn't too happy about it at first. He has a "little"(read a whole lot) bit of his father's competitive nature and he doesn't like to lose and especially to a girl, and really, really especially to his sister. He kept trying to change the rules so that it would benefit his next move or other such things but they happened to be playing right in front of me so I got to be the referee. It was quiet comical to watch actually.

Ayden ended up being a pretty good sport at losing. He did win a game or two but Meysa pretty much smoked him. Ayden told Meysa she was a really good checker player and she replied with the utmost humility, "Yeah I know, I have been playing for years!!" You got to love kids and the stuff that comes out of their mouths!!
5 comments:
lol that's great! I love that my kids can now play games with me since their dad won't :)
What a great holiday! Really, who cares what day you celebrate the holiday, as long as you can celebrate it with your family! I'll have to get your roll recipe from you, I always make the same one! And good for Meysa and her amazing checker playing! She'd probably beat me!
I love the top picture where Wyatt is ALL about his little roll! So cute! So glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Glad you could all be together!
That's funny, I can empathize with Ayden a little bit. Not that my sisters ever beat me at board games, but my friend Suzanne beat me at chess every time. I don't play chess anymore, because I refuse to invest the time to become good at it (if it was FUN enough, I WOULD), and I don't like losing every time.
Love your pictures as always. I love the way you do your blog. It always looks super cute!
Post a Comment