08 November 2007

Firefighters Are Cool!!!

Ayden had no school today due to parent/teacher conferences so we thought we would go check out one of the local fire stations with a neighborhood moms group. Our tour guide was named Firefighter Ryan(which Ayden thought was cool, just like Dad). He was awesome and answered all the kids questions very patiently!! They got to see the EMT trucks, the tank truck that holds 2500 gallons of water!! Next up was the ladder truck. The ladder on this truck can reach up 150 feet. Firefighter Ryan showed the kids all the cool stuff inside including the jaws of life!!
The kids loved this little field trip, including Mom. It was my first time being inside a fire station, I know pathetic huh!!
Just as we were coming to the end of the tour something cool happened(well for us anyways)!! The station got a call and so all of us got to see the firefighters in action. Let me tell you the kids were excited, but so were us moms. I got the video of all the guys getting ready to go. It was really cool. The kids were speculating as to where the firefighters went, and what happened. Of course Ayden had to mention that it might be our house(our house is always an option!!), and that we were safe because we weren't there. As we got home and there was no apparent damage to our home he said that Heavenly Father was blessing us. Always good to recognize our blessings. It was a great day and something the kids can't stop talking about. Enjoy the video and my award winning commentary !!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Super Cute!!! I'm so glad that you had fun. I'm jealous that we could not make it b/c my kids would have had a ton of fun as well. But missing gymnastics one more week was not an option when you have missed 3 weeks in a row :) Hopefully next time! "MEEEESA" looked liked she had fun.:)
See ya later
~heather

Jason and Teresa said...

wow that was cool all the kids had to see that! we played it over and over. Were glad your house was safe!

Debbi said...

That's so funny he thought it was your house - I'm glad it was ok though - it's so great when you hear those things they say like Heavenly Father blessing you. It looks like a great time!

Alison said...

What a fun day! You always have the best things planned for your kids. The video was cool, too :)

*Katie May* said...

Looks like fun, Kiley missed her field trip for preschool when they went to the firestation

Becky T said...

Oh my gosh, how fun! I will totally have to suggest that for our play group. Tyler would love it.

I am so behind on the blogging world and just got caught up on yours. How fun! First, that nativity gift is AWESOME! What a neat gift. And I loved the Halloween costumes. they totally made me laugh. (Sounds like Meysa and my niece could be best buds. She was that exact same horse last year because she too had to BE a horse, not RIDE a horse for Halloween!) And I love your new layout. I happen to have the exact scrapbook paper in real life that this originated from. It's so pretty. And I am jealous of your trip to the scrapbook fair!!

OK, and to answer your question you left on my blog...I have a Nikon D50 digital SLR camera. I bought it a year and a half ago and that exact one is no longer made, but the similar ones that Nikon makes are the D40 and the D70 (a little higher end model than the D40). I have also purchased a couple of additional lenses than what came with the camera. I LOOOOVE my camera (as I'm sure most people know!). So, let me know if you any other questions. I'm sure you'll love upgrading.

OK, now the novel I'm writing must come to an end! Hope all is well! :)

THE BEAN FAMILY : aaron,candace,ashlyn,alysse, and macey said...

you are such a good mom. way to think of something cool to do on his day off. and that is so cute to thank heavenly father. I love the picture in front of the fire truck.

Anonymous said...

How fun! I have never been a firestation either, but it would be intersting. And that's so funny what Ayden said, what a cute kid!

Colton said...

Yeah, I don't remember ever being in a firestation, either. Actually, now that I think about it, I have some vague recollection of it. They let us slide down the pole from the upper floor.

That video was really interesting. It seemed like it took them a really long time to leave. I hope they knew that it was just a car crash or something, because a house fire could have torched a lot of stuff...I'm sure they did the best they could. I loved the very last part, though. It was so cool how the garage doors were closing and all that was left were two pairs of shoes like they left so fast their shoes flew off.

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

That was really cool, how exciting for the kids, perfect timing...maybe not so fun for the people they were rescuing though eh!? :)

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

That was really cool, how exciting for the kids, perfect timing...maybe not so fun for the people they were rescuing though eh!? :)