
Last Thursday Lauryn started off the chain reaction that had our family homebound all weekend. Lauryn threw up on Thursday night and then Meysa Friday afternoon and all that night. Lauryn joined back in Friday night and then Ayden (who I am sure was feeling left out) started in Saturday morning. I think I did about fifty loads of laundry, scrubbed carpets, and couches, and I was always listening for that wretching sound from one of my kids and telling them "remember to have your bowl right next to you at all times". Well a week later we were thinking that we were all better- yeah right!!! Last night I thought I had been hit by a mack truck!!! Ryan was at a journal club meeting til late and so I put kids to bed at 7pm and took a bath, with a small intermission to visit the bathroom and was then in bed by 8pm. Ryan today came home from work early because he wasn't feeling the greatest either!! So, long story short, the flu likes to make the rounds, hopefully we can recover fast and with as few bathroom trips as possible!! I am really tired of puke!!
14 comments:
So sorry to hear the bad news. Vomit is one of the worst things to deal with! As for passing the germs around, we've had someone sick ever since the end of September. How do we end the cycle!?
Also, I've been meaning to tell you that for some reason, when I try to comment on anyones blog, about 70% of the time the window freezes on me. So I really do try to comment more--I check your blog all the time! I got lucky just now! So even if I don't comment, know that I love to hear your updates and check on you!
Argh! That sounds so sad. We have had fevers here all week, but not throw up. I'm crossing my fingers!
Oh, that's the worst! I hope you feel better! I can't imagine being that sick with kids to take care of and everthing that mothers do. I luckily have never gotten the fly since having children. I hope you servive!
I hope you are feeling better! I will check on you later! Pray our family doesn't get it since your family is contagious (which I mean they LOVE to be with you all the time):) My kids love playing with sweet little "Meesa" and Ayden so much that Marlee is asking why she can't pick you guys up today to get the boys! But don't you worry I will be calling for help if we do get it!!!!!! he,he,he
P.S. Marlee keeps saying you have the "Flute".... All the way home today she said Cayden the reason why we can't go to Ayden's house is b/c Amy has the "Flute"
So hope you get over your Flute soon!!!!!! :)
Ew! I HATE the flu. I'm finally recovering from a migraine/flu/viral thing, that literally has had me for over a week. Monday was the first time I stepped out of my apartment since Friday. I have bed sores, I swear.
I hope you and Ryan get better quick...at least everyone's getting it all out before the holidays!! =) Feel BETTER!
Oh man I'm sooo sorry.
I am sooo sorry. That must have been awful! I'll bet you are SICK of the flu. Hopefully, next week will be better :)
Alison
Eewww, yucky. That is no fun. I can handle anyone being sick, but when I am sick, I call Tom home to change diapers and he actually does! Don't tell him this is not normal and nobody else's husband does this. I guess he is just making up for every time someone has puked, he runs the other direction. Literally, he runs. Hope you guys feel better soon. We haven't passed that, yet, hope to skip it. Try hand sanitizer and buy stock in your favorite laundry detergent! :)Dawn
P.S. I love your pictures you find. They are hilarious. Where do you find them?
you poor thing. so sorry - glad to hear you're on the upside. It's only up from here.
Well my dear, the first picture illustrates how animals are such mirrors of human emotions (anthropomorphism). A Rorschach is the famous inkblot test that psychiatrists use as (and I quote) "mirrors of the inner workings of the human subconcious) Hence the allusions between the two. Enough with the blather. I am sorry that you have not been feeling well, and I do hope that you all will be quick to mend. And thanks for not sharing.
Love you all,
Alan
Wow. You've just described my life this past week too! We had the same thing0 yuck! My hands are raw after washing them so much.
Glad you are getting better!
I love the picture...it says it all doesn't it. I'm sorry to hear you all had the nasty plague. Hopefully you have gotten it over with and won't have anymore this season! :)
Post a Comment