Ryan, myself and the kids were invited to one of the other intern's, (Kyle), home this last weekend to make gingerbread houses. The other three OB interns and a couple other interns who live in the area were also there. It was nice to get to know the other interns that Ryan will be working with for the next 4 years. They are a neat bunch and have accepted Ryan into the "family" as the "5th". We had a great time eating and then "trying" to make our houses work. It was fun to see everyone creative side. Not all the designs worked as well as envisioned. We stayed simple. Ayden wanted a square house and Meysa wanted.....you guessed it.....a horse stable. Of course, their idea of working was checking in on the progress and eating the candy before it got put on the house. This may be a yearly tradition for us as the kids had a blast doing it.
9 comments:
I'm glad you had fun!
We loved our Target ones! Simple and easy!! :)
Love the stable! We still need to do our gingerbread houses! We may miss out again this year. . . .
Kiley would love to do that
It looks like it was such a fun party! Did anyone make a hospital or delivery room? Ok - bad joke, but it made me laugh! I love the horse stable idea!
That is a great idea for a Xmas party. I will have to remember that to use in a couple years. Love your nativity. Since high school I started collecting nativities. I just LOVE them. I try to display them all every year! My next one will be a "kid" one for Jack.
Looks professional! Aren't the holidays so fun! I just read too that you guys get to stay there...yea for getting to stay! Happy house shopping!
Aimee,
I enjoyed finally being able to sit down and catch up with the Heitmann family! Congrats on Ryan's match! And I love the nativity I remembered you telling me about your dream nativity! I am glad you finally got it! What a great b-day gift!
Merry Christmas!
Those are some really nice Gingerbread houses. I might have to try that.
How fun! I would be with the kids eating the candy before putting it on the house. :)
Post a Comment