10 December 2007

Helmet Head, Giant forks and Locksmiths!!!

Well I know I haven't posted in a while, not much has been going on really, but tonight we have had a busy evening, so I share with you our craziness!!! Ayden has gotten into football lately. Mainly using his sisters as the opposing team and honing his tackling skills. Well he decided that he needed to have a helmet to protect his head. Well with his ingenius little mind he decided he'd go old school- use your coat hood and you'll be just fine!! He looks awfully proud of himself. We finally pried this off his head at dinner, "no hats at the table!!" On to Meysa now...
It is Meysa's job to set the table for dinner. She is in the wonderful stage of doing literally everything by herself. The only thing I am allowed to help her with is getting the plates and cups out of the cupboard and setting them on the counter for her to finish the job. Well you know in your silverware set you get a serving spoon, slotted spoon and a GIGANTIC fork. Yeah that is what she set at Ryan's place cause he's a "BIG GUY , so he needs a BIG FORK." Word for word that was Meysa's explaination for her choice. And of course we couldn't go and change anything now could we. So Ryan just had to make do!!
Open Wide Daddy!!!
Now why would she be posting about a door you ask, interesting you say?!! (I know, just realized that I indeed sound like yoda)!! Well to end the evening we had a "little" lock-out. For some reason our bedroom has the only keyed lock in the entire house. Why on earth there would be one, we are not sure. Although knowing who lived here before us (a bunch of college boys who got evicted), it wouldn't take too long before we could come up with some interesting hypothosis!! Anywho, on to the story at hand!! Ayden got all of the things in his room confiscated on Sunday for some shock therapy for bad behavior and all the contraband was stored in our room. He decided that he would lock out his friends and sisters who were inspecting it all. Well come to find out we did not have the key that fit that lock. So naturally I called our property management company who have after hour maintenance emergency people to help people when there is a crisis!! Yeah everyone except people who are locked out of their bedrooms!! They don't do locks and everything has to go through a locksmith!! Ryan was trying to pick the lock with anything he could find. At one point he said "those movie guys are full of crap, it takes more than a little shimmy here and there and you're in". The hinges were on the inside of the door as well as the screws on the door handle itself. We even tried using my trusty old Hollywood video membership card, no luck (I personally thought that last one would work)! He was a little frustraded to say the least. So to the phone book I go, while Ryan contiues to work on the door. I call all the 24 hour emergency lock out guys in the yellow pages. The first one was just sitting down to dinner at a resturant and didn't think he could help me!! The next guy could come in about three hours and charge me 90 bucks plus tax. One guy just flat out told me NO, and gave me the number to someone who might help!! Seriously people does the "24-hour emeregency lockout" not really mean 24-hours or just whenever the heavens you feel like getting off your toush and working!!! We have an emergency here and no one cares. Ok, so that may be a little dramatic but that is how we felt. Anyway the last guy I called was so nice. He could come in 30 minutes and he was only going to charge $70 plus tax (only 70 bucks!!). It was pay $70 or bust down the door and have to pay to replace the door. We took the locksmith. It took him 5 minutes to pick the lock and he earned 80 bucks!! Ryan thinks he should moonlight as a locksmith, make some serious cash!! Anyways that was just one evening from about 5pm to 7:15pm!! We were tired and slept really well in OUR own bed, not the couch thankfully!!

11 comments:

*Katie May* said...

wowsers!

Heather said...

That Pizza Sure looked good!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next time re-think that you would want to invite your dearest neighbors over for dinner b/c why not have even more caose to your lives since my precious is the reason why your door is locked in the first place! :) (those dang star war toys)......
I'm actually sorry that all of that happened!
But, seriously that pizza looked really good!!!!
Hope you are having a better day
love ya

Ben, Rebecca, Natali, Isaac, Spencer said...

Wow...quite the story! Glad someone could finally help you get into your own bedroom! I found the Polar Express tickets online. I just searched "polar express tickets" and whala...cut, copy, print! Gotta love the internet!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Ryan must have a big mouth huh!? Too cute I love the helmet too! Good imagination! That's to bad about the master bedrooom, crazy!!

Debbi said...

How funny that Ryan said that the movie guys were full of crap! I love that part of the story. I'm glad you finally got in...is there anyway you can take the lock off?

Ashley said...

Oh what a night! I'm so glad someone could finally "fit" it into their schedule to help you, and get paid bank! I would've been frustrated too! Moonlighting is not a bad idea...
Glad you finally got in! Too bad you couldn't just offer him some of that good-lookin' pizza and call it even! =)

Cook Family said...

What a fun night! I love Meysa and Daddys big guy fork, How cute and thoughtful! Could you email me your address. thanks Corine
corinecook@yahoo.com

Becky T said...

How funny! It certainly does sound like an eventful evening! Glad you found someone who could unlock your bedroom. :) What a funny story!

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

What a crazy night! We so enjoy your blog - love you guys so much!
Mom

Dawn said...

Wow, what a stinker. Have you made and stashed copies of that key yet? At least it wasn't later in the evening. You would've been on the couch! Or I would've taken Aiden's bad and let the boys sleep on the couch...

The Grandy's said...

You should have just busted off the door handle. They're like 10 bucks to replace. Believe me, I know. Anyways, it is hard to unlock a door without a key, but rest assured my husband knows how to do it. That was one of the first requirements of our marriage, that he shares his vast and questionable knowledge about how to break into a locked door. Car doors are much harder, but I am glad to say that I can pick the door to our house in flat 5 seconds!