24 March 2008

What no pictures?!!

Well this year there was no pictures to document Easter. We had a ward party and Easter egg hunt on Saturday. The camera got left in the car and so we didn't get pics of the kids hunting for eggs. Then that night I set out Easter baskets and thought I would get to see Lauryn excited to open her Dora book, maybe I'd get a glimpse of Meysa and her princesses and Ayden with his Lego Star Wars. But alas, it was not to be. I got woken up at 5:30 AM by Meysa telling me that Lauryn needed me. I got on to her for being up that early and sent them back to bed. I still heard noise so I got up and checked on them. Lauryn was trying to make a bed on the couch and I could hear Meysa and Ayden downstairs. There was no light on, only the headlamp attatched to Ayden's head(thanks Papa Chip) and I found wrapping paper and plastic everywhere. Needless to say Ayden had been up since 4:45AM and he had put together a whole Lego set by headlamp, plus he got the girls up too. Meysa mistook Lauryn's basket for her own and so they were fighting over the Dora magna-doodle and book. Thank heavens I didn't put any candy in their baskets or else I am sure that would have been gone too. I demanded that they all go back to bed which they kind of did and I went back to bed too. We didn't even get pictures in our Sunday best. How sad is that? Next year I am setting up the baskets at the end of my bed and by golly I am getting pictures. Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!!

14 comments:

Dawn said...

bummer! Better luck next year, ours was similar, but we were able to capture a few of the easter egg hunt at my mom's, but no baskets!

Dawn said...

good job aiden!

Laura Bernard said...

Love it! Reminds me of my childhood Christmases. . . which we rarely had pictures of. : )

Heather said...

Count me in on that as well!!!
The kids looked really cute all dressed up.... oh, but trying to get them all ready & Nate half asleep I forgot to take pictures as well!!! I'm so sad! :(

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

That is hilarious! Ya those head lamps are too good aren't they...

Ashley said...

oh i love it!! Nothing like child excitement!! Mariah Mons came up to me at church showing me her new watch and I couldn't figure out why she had a new watch..I knew it wasn't her birthday. Then it dawned on me the Easter bunny had come. Duh! I completely forget about that....goes to show how much excitement I have anymore. Thank heaven for kids! (Except for them waking you up and digging into their stuff early....haha)

Cook Family said...

Just blame the no pictures on being pregnant. I was so forgetful whenever I was prego. It sounds like you all had a good Easter despite.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have better luck next year with the pictures, we hardly ever get pictures at chistmas but I made sure to get some of the kids this easter.
Congrats on expecting again. That is exciting! Your kids are getting so big! Megan starts baseball soon too. Yaayyy!
Suzie Bean

Robyn said...

Oh, I just love Ayden with his headlamp assembling his legos!!

Peter and Brittany Merrill said...

Amiee,
Your Easter "mom" commentary was so life like! I could totally imagine it...or wait a minute never mind something very similiar happened last year for the Merrills! By the time you get them dressed for church your just trying to get out the door on time and with out chocolate on the clothes!!!

Becky T said...

Oh, I'm so glad you wrote this story down, even if there are no pictures! Because it is one you'll be telling for years! Too funny!

Colton said...

When you mentioned Dora the Explorer, I remembered this hilarious video make by SNL called "!Maraka!" I'm going to try and post it on my blog, but if it doesn't work, you can find it here:

http://www.mypartypost.com/watchflashbig/5043/SNL-_Maraka

Laugh out loud and stuff!

M & S Eagar said...

Gosh that sounds exactly like the three little kids that live at my house. Aren't they terribly frustrating yet clever yet hillarious all at the same time?

Alison said...

Great story, Aimee! I was cracking up! I am sure that will be me in a couple years :) And they didn't even wake you up? Silly kids. I guess they knew what you would say! My parents use to wake us up at like 2 am because THEY were so excited for us to open :)