Thanks Becky, this was fun!!
20 Years ago: I was 9 years old in the third grade and Mrs. Connerly was my teacher. There are a few things I remember about being 9. I had a pair of cool Reebok hi-tops that I had gotten for Christmas and they were wearing out, one had a tear clear across the toe part where your foot bends. Instead of getting a new pair of shoes which would be the logical thing to do, my Dad used duct tape to tape the whole front of my shoe. Yup I went to school with one "silver"toed shoe and one normal one. Can you say dweeb?!! The other thing is we lived in this big white house that had like 5-6 bedrooms. It was the first time that I could remember that each of us kids had our own room. Of course my room was the sewing closet that was only probably 6 feet wide. No wonder I believed my brothers when they told me I was adopted!!!
10 Years Ago: I was 19 and a freshman at Boise State University. I was working part time (swing shift) as a security officer at the US Bank building in dowtown Boise. I was missing Ryan horribly who was going to school and playing baseball at a Junior College in California. I loved my roommates, we called ourselves the Belmont Girls because our apartment was on Belmont Street. We lived a block from campus, so I walked to class each day. No matter how hard I tried I could not get my fanny out of bed for my 7:30 math class. I had a little red Subaru Justy that I named fittingly Ruby, oh I loved that car! I only had to pay $125 a month for rent. It has steadily gone up since then. I was having a blast being on my own.
5 Years Ago: I had been married for almost 4 years. I was working for a dentist as a dental assistant and loved it. Ayden was almost two years old and I was just finding out I was pregnant with #2 (Meysa). Ryan was waiting to hear about medical school and was working for a Dermatologist as a MA and he was loving it. Ryan was not in school and it was kind of nice having two incomes. Little did we know how much we would miss that in about six months.
3 Years Ago: We were living in West Des Moines, Iowa. Ryan is in his second year of med school at Des Moines University and oh he can't wait to be done with book work. I am chasing two kids. Ayden is ready for Preschool, Meysa was just a little over one. I am doing the normal mom stuff, laundry, cooking, cleaning, running errands. We were looking forward to a trip home to Idaho for rotations in the fall and a visit with family.
1 Year Ago: We are still in Iowa, but finally in our last year of school. Ryan has two more rotations and he is done. We know that we are moving to Washington and are excited to be back with family. Ayden is loving Kindergarten and Meysa is loving having a baby sister who is almost one. This was the year we experienced a blizzard in the last few weeks of March, that shut the whole city down for a few days. Our last hurrah I guess with the weather. I was looking forward to getting a paycheck as I am sure Ryan was. I remember feeling bitter sweet about moving. I was beyond happy to be done with school, but I was going to miss Iowa terribly (still do).
So Far this year: I haven't done much but lay on the couch and try not to throw up. My poor kids are tired of me being tired. But alas I am on the mend. I am pregnant with number 4 and I already look like I am 5-6 months along, how does that happen? Now that I am feeling better I am getting more excited to have a new little one. It is our last so I am trying to enjoy it. The kids are growing up too fast and some days I just want to slooow down the clock.
Yesterday: Was Saturday, I started some laundry, picked up the house two or three times, ran Ayden to get sized for his baseball uniform. I was the only mom in a sea of Fathers and sons, pretty funny. Ryan was on call so it was just me and the kids at home. I got a nap during quiet time, kinda in between questions and reminders for the kids that it was "suppose" to be quiet for Lauryn to nap. I didn't feel like cooking so we headed to Papa Murphy's for pizza. I put the kids to bed and I watched The Nanny Diaries. It was ok, most of the good parts were in the previews. I then took a bath and went to bed!!
Today: Got up at the normal time, fed the kids breakfast, put a roast in the crock-pot for dinner and set out rolls to rise. I swept the kitchen floor because I couldn't stand the crackling sound I heard as I walked. Got the kids in the tub and shower, dressed and hair fixed (all this while Ryan came home and went straight to bed). I then got in shower and got ready for church. 1 o'clock church, wrestled Lauryn in the foyer while Ayden and Meysa miraciously sat reverent in the chapel. Then wrestled 7 other toddlers for two more hours and then got to come home. Next dinner and hopefully I can sit down soon and write out my menu and shopping list for the next two weeks.
Tomorrow: Start the week all over. Ayden to school, the girls and I will hit Wally-world and Costco to stock up on much needed food. Hopefully plan a good and fun filled FHE, make potstickers for dinner and Meysa wants a picnic for lunch and then have a nap. Hopefully hear from our realtor and put in a counter-offer on the house we want.
This year: Well there is alot that I would like to do this year. Obviously have a baby by August. Buy a house, send my baby brother on a mission, visit family, celebreat 9th anniversary, start Meysa in preschool, just to name a few!! Before I know it, March of 2009 will be staring me in the face. Wow time flies.
I tag: Heather M., Lisa B., Colton F., Laura B., and anyone else who would like to go down memory lane.
6 comments:
That was a really fun one!
That was fun to read!! I will love to do it..... First I need to get back in the blogging mode & post that my husband is home!!!!!!!!
Let me know how it goes on the house today!! :) cross our fingers!
I am missing your posts Aimee; It was fun to read this one! You're wonder woman/mom; and you do it all with a great attitude!!
Hopefully you and Ryan can get a date night and relax one day soon....I'd so babysit for you guys if I lived closer!!
Glad to hear your feeling a little better in the pregnancy though. Are you planning on finding out what you're having?
Thanks for playing! It was totally fun reading about you. Isn't it amazing how time flies? I thought that when I was doing mine too.
I loved reading this Aimee! I'm also glad to hear you are on the mend!
Uugh. You weren't supposed to tag me, people don't include me in these things. Brat.
Post a Comment