My niece Mahaley got married this last Saturday in Lewiston and originally I wasn't planning on going since I just had a baby two weeks ago. They are planning on having a reception in October and that was when I was planning to go over and make my appearance. Well Friday morning I was sitting nursing Wyatt and the thought popped in my head, why not go over for the wedding. I felt good, the kids were bored and Ryan was going to be at the hospital seriously the whole weekend. Well I thought about it and ho hummed around all day until at about 3 PM when Ryan called to see how we were doing and I happened to mention my wild thought. Surprisingly Ryan said GO!! So in 45 minutes I packed 4 kids and myself and was on the road (with a quick stop at McDonalds for dinner). I called my parents to give them the heads up and for them to keep it a secret. My Dad told me I was crazy, which at this point I already knew. Who takes 4 kids, one who happens to be only two weeks old and drives 6 hours at night? Well I guess that would be me!! Wyatt did really well, I only had to stop once to nurse him and thank heavens for movies to keep the other kids entertained!! The best part (besides getting there safely) was the look on my older sister and Mahaley's face when I showed up at the church!! I love suprises!
04 September 2008
I know I am Crazy!!
My niece Mahaley got married this last Saturday in Lewiston and originally I wasn't planning on going since I just had a baby two weeks ago. They are planning on having a reception in October and that was when I was planning to go over and make my appearance. Well Friday morning I was sitting nursing Wyatt and the thought popped in my head, why not go over for the wedding. I felt good, the kids were bored and Ryan was going to be at the hospital seriously the whole weekend. Well I thought about it and ho hummed around all day until at about 3 PM when Ryan called to see how we were doing and I happened to mention my wild thought. Surprisingly Ryan said GO!! So in 45 minutes I packed 4 kids and myself and was on the road (with a quick stop at McDonalds for dinner). I called my parents to give them the heads up and for them to keep it a secret. My Dad told me I was crazy, which at this point I already knew. Who takes 4 kids, one who happens to be only two weeks old and drives 6 hours at night? Well I guess that would be me!! Wyatt did really well, I only had to stop once to nurse him and thank heavens for movies to keep the other kids entertained!! The best part (besides getting there safely) was the look on my older sister and Mahaley's face when I showed up at the church!! I love suprises!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I would have done it! :) And it's not sick season so it's all good! :)
way to be spontaneous & independent! That's awesome! And with 4 kids in tow, one probably nursing every few hours, my hat is off to you! Glad you could have a fun weekend & surprise your family/friends. You're right, surprises are the best!
Glad you're doing well. I love your posts.
-Ashley
You go, girl! That is awesome. Yes, I love to be spontateous (but rarely do). Glad you had a good time :)
How fun!! I SO would've done that as well. I hate it when I know that my family is getting together without me! Can't wait to see more pictures of Wyatt and the wedding!
I think it is great that you went! And what a fun surprise for your family!
You seriously are Wonder Woman!
That is ambitious. You gambled and it paid off! The only problem with that is that you are now more prone to gamble with even bigger stakes/odds in the future. Next think you know you will break down in the middle of the country 1058 miles from the nearest known person, 6 months pregnant, with 5 kids under the age of 9..... like someone else I know.... hmmmmmmmm
Post a Comment