26 May 2009
Memorial Day and a Birthday!!
Ryan had a four day weekend which doesn't happen often around here. It was to make up for the fact that he was on-call for Mother's day and will be on-call for Father's day next month too. It just so happened that his birthday happened to fall within that four day weekend as well. Friday Ryan had to go and round on a patient so he took Meysa with him for a little Daddy-Daughter time. They had breakfast in the hospital cafeteria, which Meysa thought was pretty cool. They had to get up early which meant everyone else was up early. Needless to say we all took a nap later in the afternoon and it was heavenly. Saturday we decided to head to the coast for the afternoon. It was a beautiful, sunny day in town so we were hoping it would be the same in Ocean Shores. While there was no rain, we did have lots of wind and grey skies. Bummer---We had a good time though. The kids loved looking for sea shells and cool rocks. Lauryn loved playing in the sand and even little Wyatt got to experience sand for the first time. He loved it a little too much. He got really excited and then it got in his mouth then up in his eyes and then it wasn't as fun as it was only moments before!! We spent about an hour there and then decided the kids were cold enough and we headed home. Not but 4-5 miles from the beach we hit blues skies and were really bummed that we didn't have that on the beach. Sunday we enjoyed our normal Sabbath day routine of Church and quiet time. Monday was our Dear OLD Dad's birthday as well as Memorial Day. We started the day off with the multi-ward Memorial Day breakfast. It was a little chilly but good food so we were willing to endure a few goosebumps. We got home from a quick trip to the store and the kids couldn't wait for Ryan to open his gifts!! It was a nice day so we took the kids to the park and let them run off steam before coming home to have steak and shrimp on the grill, along with corn on the cob and Italian potatoes. We ran out of propane right before we put on the shrimp but thankfully the steaks were done. I hope Ryan had a good birthday. It was so nice having him home for a few days to just be with the family. I know the kids loved having him home and getting to do things with them. These times aren't plentiful so we take full advantage when we do get them!!!






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Happy Birthday, Ryan! I'm so glad you had some quality time at home; you deserve it! What a fun way to spend the time; yes, I'm partial to the ocean even when it's cold and grey! Love you all!
Happy Birthday Ryan! I'm guessing you're the big 30 this year??? Glad you guys got some quality family time together. You know...I remember getting to go to the hospital with my Dad when I was little. I thought it was pretty cool then too...and I still remember getting to do it, so that must say something about how special I felt-the same way I'm sure Meysa does! :)
PS-I LOVE the picture of Wyatt on your blog header!!!
sounds like a great weekend!
Oh, the beach! I'd take it cold and grey any day! We missed our last year's trip to San Diego and can't wait to go again. Looks like alot of fun, Happy Birthday Ryan!
What a great week-end even if the weather at the beach wasn't the greatest! It's so nice to do something together with just the fam. Hope Ryan had a great birthday - give him late birthday wishes from us!
How fun to live so close to the coast! And I have to say your girls quilts are adorable! How proud you must be and rightly should!
Post a Comment