07 October 2011
{ABC-123}
Starting with Ayden way back when, I have used a favorite video to get my kids excited about learning their ABC's. It is the Leap Frog Letter Factory. They have come out with new videos recently but I haven't liked them as much as I have loved this one. It is so simple and it teaches them what sound the letters make as well. All of my kids have watched this video and have come away learning their letters in seriously a week. Then my part is reinforcing that knowledge and we do fun activities with the letters. My goal as a mom is to have my kids learn their letters, numbers, colors and shapes and be able to write their own name by the time they are four. So this year while I have all the other kids in school that is just what Wyman and I have been working on. He already knew his colors and shapes and he could count to 10 without help but didn't know all the numbers by sight. With a few times through our numbers flashcard he has 1-10 down pat. I got him excited about the letter video and he has taken off. He knows the letters and their sounds and now he is working on writing them. He has mastered the letter A, and H!! He has been so fun to watch as he learns something new. He claims his flashcards are his homework so he can fit in with the other kids. And our little miss Lauryn is starting to read and loves the independance that she gets from that skill. We are learning up a storm around our house lately.
What is your favorite method for teaching little ones the basics?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I totally love the Leap Frog Letter Factory dvd too! We have worn ours out and now I need a new one for Kristen :)
Ditto on the leap frog. love it. i need to just send G. up to your house you would be one awesome preschool teacher!!!! :)
way to go!
xo. :)))
I'm old school..We don't have a leapster or anything cool but I did get these flashcards in Pt Townsend that liv loves..
We're not writing all of them so well yet.
Post a Comment