15 October 2011

{Sick Day}

We had a sick day yesterday.  We don't have them often but it seems more and more that when we do they are humdingers.  Starting a few nights ago, Lauryn woke up in the middle of the night with a fever of a 101.2.  I gave her Tylenol and she went right back to sleep.  She woke up fine, with no fever and didn't act like she wasn't feeling well.  So I sent her off to school.  She came home fine and played like nothing was wrong.  I thought it was just a fluke, until that night she ran a fever again in the middle of the night.  This time it was up to 103.8.  I again gave her Tylenol and she went back to sleep and woke up ready for the day feeling fine.  She wanted to go to school so I let her, she didn't have a fever and at this point I just thought it was weird.  She had no other symptoms so just a fluke right.  Well not long after I sent the kids to school yesterday I got a call from Ayden's school telling me that he had a temp of 101.8 and that I needed to come and get him.  Not an hour and half after that I got a call from the girls' school.  I fully expected them to tell me Lauryn had a fever and to come pick her up.  I was wrong.  It was Meysa who had a temp of 103.2.  While I was picking her up I figured I would grab Lauryn as well so I wouldn't have to come all the way back.  Wyatt hasn't had a fever and I have felt fine.  Yesterday afternoon was a lazy day with naps and cartoons in abundance.  Evening came and they were starting to feel yucky again.  After they all received another round of Tylenol I put them to bed.  Lauryn woke up about 4:30 with a low grad temp and Ayden and Meysa are still under the weather with low grade temps.  There are really no other symptoms, thankfully.  So even though the sun is shining today, we are still in jammies and snuggled under blankets, trying to rid our house of the germs. 

2 comments:

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

Oh poor kids and you too Aimee! Hope you and Ryan escape this! Saying lots of prayers. Hug those kiddos for us! Love you!

Heather said...

hugs!