26 October 2011

{I am a Mormon}

Many people know that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but some may not.  I hope that for those that did not know of my religious affiliation, when learning that I am in fact a Mormon that would lead them to think of the church in a good context.  The church, in an effort to dispel myths and misunderstandings that surround what we as a church believe have encouraged us individual members to create profiles on mormon.org.  In creating these profiles, members share their simple beliefs and what the gospel of Jesus Christ means to them in their lives.  People who want to know more about what Mormons believe can go and see thousands of profiles of members of the church from around the world and learn from them what it is they believe. 
I have always found it interesting that those people who claim to know what we believe, really don't know.  I once had a young man whom I worked with point blank tell me that I didn't believe in Jesus Christ and that I belonged to a cult.  Well that was news to me!!  I find that it is best to not tell others what we know they believe in but to instead ask them to share their beliefs with us.  More understanding comes from that kind of dialog and hopefully more mutual respect.  That being said, I have created a profile in hopes that people that know me and didn't know that I was a member of the church can now know what it is I believe in.  For those that knew I was a member of the church but assumed they knew what my beliefs were can hopefully gain a greater understanding of my beliefs as a Christian.  Here is the link to my profile mormon.org and if you would like to see any of the other many profiles go here,  mormon.org.

I'm a Mormon.

1 comment: