31 October 2011

{Halloween 2011}

 I have to say as much as I love fall, I have been really lame this year about decorating.  I still have no Fall or Halloween decorations up at my house.  Really I think it is because I am bored with my old decorations, but it is kinda sad nonetheless.  We had trunk or treat on Friday at our church and the kids were so excited to get dressed up. 

Ayden found his Bumble Bee costume at the thrift store on half off day so it was only three dollars.  It was a little on the small side which we didn't find out until that night.  He was a trooper to wear it anyway. 

Meysa was a Renaissance Princess.  Funny side note, when she was telling someone what she was going to be, she couldn't remember the renaissance part and asked me, "mom, am I a retarded Princess?"  After I stopped laughing hysterically, I corrected her and then educated her on what "Renaissance" means. 

Lauryn is Daphne from Scooby Doo.  Really she just wanted the orange hair.  She has slept in the dress for the last few nights. 
Wyatt had to be "Lightning McQueen"  The costume was a little big for him but we managed just fine.  He finally got it this year and was super stoked about trunk or treating. 

We had a great time and the kids made off with a significant amount of candy.  Only to have today be Halloween, we are trying to figure out a way to get away with not trick or treating tonight.  

5 comments:

Odd Family said...

Love their costumes!! Julia had that Daphne costume last year, it is a crack up. I am with you on being able to count the trunk or treat as good. stay home and have a cozy night tonight.:) fat chance huh!?

Heather said...

LOOOOOOOOve Ms.Lauryn. she is to cute. totally fits her. Miss having you guys around! ;(

xox.

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

LOVE the costumes! Can you send me the first one - need a new picture for my frame!

RR said...

Your kiddos couldn't look cuter!
p.s. We miss you!

Frasier Family said...

The kiddos look so cute. Love how Wyatt's costume gives him big muscles!!! :)