We feel that family time is precious. So we try to make everyday things like watching tv together a family affair. Our kids are hooked on a great show called Top Shot from the History Channel. The premise of the show is that they take some of the top marksmen from around the country and put them through some pretty intense and pretty far out competitions and see who is the "Top Shot". Ryan and I find it pretty hilarious how much our kids are into this show. Even the girls...I should say especially the girls. So every Tuesday night the DVR would faithfully record the episode and Wednesday nights became a coveted night. The kids would hurry through dishes and pajamas and teeth brushing so that they could watch the episode before bedtime. This last episode was the season finale. The guy who we were rooting for won and so everyone went to bed happy that night. We are looking forward to season 4.
It kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and my siblings and I would look forward to watching nature shows, like the Mutual of Omaha or Wild America with Marty Stouffer. We looked forward to those shows all week and loved watching them as a family. There is less and less on TV that I will allow my kids to watch but shows that we can enjoy as a family can still be found, thankfully!!

No comments:
Post a Comment