22 May 2009

At last!!

I started this project of making the girls quilts for their beds in Sept-Oct 2008. I had the tops done by Thanksgiving and then they sat, and sat. Ryan's Aunt Beth has a long arm quilter and I was hoping to have her show me how to quilt using that. I know how to hand quilt, but don't have stands nor did I want to hand quilt 2 quilts and 2 shams. The problem was timing- There was never a time when I could go and spend a whole day quilting. So I asked Ryan's aunt if she would quilt them and I would pay her. Good thing I did or these quilts wouldn't be done for years. Beth did an awesome job and I am so glad she did them for me!! The girls were so glad to have their new blankets on their beds. I finished the shams yesterday and have the curtains to do and their room is finished. This is the first time my kids have had matching stuff for their room. I love it!!!


10 comments:

Becky T said...

Amy! I love these, they are gorgeous! Very impressed. And I've soooo been there too...I can seem to get the tops done but the quilting, ugh. I have a top done for a quilt for my own bed that's been done for 5 years and never quilted. Ack! So way to go getting them done even if you had to pay someone to do it. :) I'm sure your girls are over the moon excited about these!

*Katie May* said...

Super cute!!!

Colton said...

There is nothing like old family quilts. I love crawling into a pile of them on a cold day and watching a movie or reading a book. I still have mine from when I was about six.

Angela said...

Very pretty color choices! I think handnade says love love love! The last time I made a quilt I had to prop my frame on chairs cuz I don't have stands either.

I remember my husband being irritated that people would come over and there'd be an unfinished quilt in a frame against the wall. I thought it was great though. Like, "see! I'm doing something crafty with my time!"

Jenn said...

They turned out way cute, and I love the colors!

Jodi said...

They are gorgeous Aimee! I can't wait till my girls have matching stuff :)

Heather said...

love them!!!! well you already knew that though ;)

RR said...

Wow they look really good!!

Vickie said...

Awesome. I've been thinking about doing something similar for my boys, but I don't have the stands, etc to quilt. I'm glad you figured out a way to get it done.

Dawn said...

I love that ! It makes me want to redo my girls room, and those bunk bed are perfect! Where did you get those?? I need to bunk my girls, because we have one more girl to fit in that small bedroom! The quilts are super cute too. I'm with you, I hate to quilt, I'd rather tie them off and get it done in one day! Perfect for a 100 degree summer day in Az!