Ayden is really enjoying playing catcher this season. He gets to catch and throw the ball a lot and he is engaged in the game. He still closes his eyes sometimes when the ball comes at him even though he has all the gear on. He is good at controlling the ball and getting it back to the pitcher consistently after every pitch. Dare I say he looks like he even knows what he is doing?

Then they put him out in the outfield and everything he has learned goes out the window. I guess it has improved because he isn't having Star Wars battles by himself. He at least has moved onto playing imaginary baseball games while in a real baseball game.
(In the following pictures notice where everyone's attention is at vs. where Ayden's is at)
And here I assume he is throwing some guy out at home plate to save the game.
There seems to be some discrepancy in his ability to pay attention in these two different positions. He must realize that if he doesn't pay attention behind the plate he will get drilled in the face by a ball. As opposed to the outfield, where balls rarely come. There is an entertaining quality about his outfield antics that I do appreciate though.
3 comments:
I was the catcher in little league, loved it! Cute though how he is playing a game inside his head
He's just playing a game nobody else can see! So funny you caught it all on camera - should be a good story when he's a pro :)
Better than pushing the girls out of the way to field the ball! And I've been drilled by a ball in the face. It just sucks.
Post a Comment