How do I start this one...I guess I'll set the scene.
A young man wearing several coats, looking really sad. He is holding onto the only thing he has left to his name, which is a purple wind pipe. He plods along until he finds his usual spot for playing his music hoping to get a few dollars in change. Along comes a young lady who just happens to have a few spare dollars in change and she listens intently to the young man's sad, sad song and feels so bad for him she gives him everything in her purse!
Now replay this scene over and over and you have my morning with the kids!! I was doing the breakfast dishes before taking Ayden to school. I see him find his purple wind pipe and start to play (I think that was what he was doing) a song. He already had on multiple coats from playing Clone Wars earlier (his armor) and then he had a wonderful idea. He solicits Meysa to play along. Imagine if he was an old guy who was poor and played his pipe for money!! Meysa thought it was a great idea. So I asked Ayden what he was playing (already knowing he was poor and sad). He said he was an old guy who was poor and needed money so he was playing music for it. I asked why he wasn't at work and he said he didn't have a job, hence him being poor. I asked what he would use the money he got from playing for. He informed me that he didn't know but maybe buy Legos!! I guess even pretend homeless people have their priorities!!
I know we live close to a large metropolis but honestly my kids haven't seen too many homeless people on the street corners. Or maybe they have and I haven't been aware of what they see from the backseat of the van. We don't have T.V. and I am pretty sure I don't recall any Disney movies we own with homeless people playing music for money. Makes me wonder where these kids come up with these things!! I have chuckled all morning thinking about those two kids playing homeless guy!! I guess at least we know that it is easy to get Meysa to sympathize with you!!!
4 comments:
That's cute!
I was confused at first and finally understood. There never was any real homeless guy and they just decided to play panhandler? Did it pay off? That is very interesting and adorable.
Kids are very imaginative!
That is just too funny! You'll be glad you wrote it down, and can laugh later!
Post a Comment