Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there. I happen to be incredibly blessed to have THE world's greatest Mom. I know everyone says their Mom is the best but honestly mine is. I remember from a very young age wanting to be a Mother because I wanted to be just like my mom. My mom is all of the things that a righteous woman is and more. I often think of how lucky I am because of the Mom I got in this life. She makes me want to be a better Mom, wife and just overall a better woman. She is strong and faithful, fun and constant. I really hope she knows how much I love and appreciate the example that she is and continues to be to me. I love you Ma!!
What can I say about being a mother myself. It is hard and it is easy, all at the same time. It is hard because some days I just don't want to get out of bed to face a kitchen full of dishes, a mud room full of laundry and let's not mention the 2683 dirty diapers that I have thus far changed. Not to mention the fights I get to referee, the snotty noses I wipe and the lack of showers I get because there just isn't time. On the other hand it is easy because who can resist chubby fingers pointing at something new they have never seen or an infectious baby laugh, a child who just learned the ABC's, or they learn to ride their bike without training wheels? How about when they finally understand a gospel principle and gain a testimony of their Savior and their Heavenly Father? I guess we put in all the hard work for those moments of accomplishment that make us take a deep breath and think, "ok, I'm not such a bad parent and my kids might turn out ok." I love being a Mother. It is the hardest yet most rewarding job I have ever had. I wake up everyday hoping I don't screw up but know that if I do my kids love me anyway and will forgive me quickly. That is just how wonderful kids are!!
Ayden made me a Mother for the first time, and what a wonderful day that was. Ayden is such a great kid. He has an imagination in him that just never stops. It makes me wish that I could throw out all the "Mom" things I have to think about and just imagine for a day. He is athletic, which he didn't get from me. He is kind and thoughtful. He likes to draw and write stories. He loves to sing and play with friends. He is just carefree. He held Wyatt for me in church today (Ryan was on call and Lauryn wanted my attention) and almost had him asleep. He is a wonderful big brother and enjoys being the oldest....sometimes too much!! Together we enjoy building things out of Legos and really just talking about whatever his imagination comes up with. 

I became a Mom for the second time when Meysa Lynn came into my world. What a joy she is. She loves to learn and explore. She isn't afraid of anything and is always willing to at least try. She is such a little mother already and is really good at helping me with Wyatt. She loves fingernail polish, chapstick, and anything girl related. She loves to play and pretend, and is a social butterfly. She loves playing dress up and princesses. From the first moments after she was born she has had what we call a Hot/Cold personality. Meaning she is either happy or not, but there is not in between. She screamed for a full thirty minutes after she was born until she was able to nurse. I am not talking crying, I am talking screaming. When Meysa is happy she is so happy, but when she is not...she really is not!! Finding what makes Meysa tick is a challenge, one that I take on happily. I love her spunk and her determination. I don't think many people will be able to get much past her. She knows what she wants and more often than not she will get it, somehow. She has a love for the gospel and for trying to do what is right. She has always been so thorough in her prayers to her Heavenly Father. I love the Mother she continues to teach me to be, I love her to pieces. 
The third times the charm....Lauryn Colleen is one of a kind. She is so dainty but has a lot of spunk to her. Her personality just ooozes from her every pore. She brings much laughter to our home. She is tender hearted and loves to have fun. She loves to be read to and is learning her ABC's. She loves to pretend and sing. She is already good at having great conversations and that makes me afraid for the teenage years just a little. She is warm and affectionate, loving to give hugs and kisses. She loves to play outside for hours on end. She has hit the "I'll do it myself" stage full force, and she is really capable of doing a whole lot. She helps me slow down and enjoy the little moments. She makes me smile everyday. I love being her Mother.

Little Wyatt....what a blessing he is to me. He has such a calm spirit about him. He is a little more serious than the other kids. He doesn't give smiles away for free, you have to work for them. It takes him time to warm up to people and he likes to keep a safe distance until he feels comfortable. But oh what a smile he has and an infectious laugh too. He is so much fun. My heart is full when I look into his sweet little face. I don't think I could love him anymore without hurting myself seriously!!!

The third times the charm....Lauryn Colleen is one of a kind. She is so dainty but has a lot of spunk to her. Her personality just ooozes from her every pore. She brings much laughter to our home. She is tender hearted and loves to have fun. She loves to be read to and is learning her ABC's. She loves to pretend and sing. She is already good at having great conversations and that makes me afraid for the teenage years just a little. She is warm and affectionate, loving to give hugs and kisses. She loves to play outside for hours on end. She has hit the "I'll do it myself" stage full force, and she is really capable of doing a whole lot. She helps me slow down and enjoy the little moments. She makes me smile everyday. I love being her Mother.

Little Wyatt....what a blessing he is to me. He has such a calm spirit about him. He is a little more serious than the other kids. He doesn't give smiles away for free, you have to work for them. It takes him time to warm up to people and he likes to keep a safe distance until he feels comfortable. But oh what a smile he has and an infectious laugh too. He is so much fun. My heart is full when I look into his sweet little face. I don't think I could love him anymore without hurting myself seriously!!!
On this Mother's day I am thankful for my job as their Mother. I don't wish for even a day to be doing anything other than what I am doing in my home. Even after a looong, crazy day I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am glad I was given the opportunity to be the Mother of these four sweet spirits. I hope my effort at raising them correctly is pleasing to my Heavenly Father. I have to also thank my husband who supports me in my desire to stay at home and that he understands the importance of that. He is a good man, father and husband!!

8 comments:
Wow, that was great! Thanks for sharing something so personal! You are a great mom. Kristie is great, but you got more going for you than you realize.
Happy Mother's Day!
What a fun post! I loved it and wanted you to know that I think you are amazing! You have the hardest job in the world and I'm thankful God has chosen you for this! Because you are definitely up for the challenges it brings! Thanks for being such a great mom to those wonderful children and a great wife to a great guy!
amiee, wow lots to catch up with.. love all the great posts.. hope your grass is o.k. from my tire. oops. so sorry. ;)
i admire you so much & think you are a wondeful mother. you are also an amazing friend. i couldn't ask for any one better. thanks for listening & being there for me. i love your kids as my own & we won't know what to do without the heitmann family when you are gone.{good thing it is NOT for a while}
happy mother's day hope it was great! :)
What a great post, Aimee. You are such a sweet mother and I felt so lucky way back when when you were sharing your amazing mothering skills with my little Tyler. It was so good knowing he was in such great hands. You've always inspired me and I just loved what you wrote about each of your kids. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!
You are such a great mommy AND friend. It's so wonderful that on mother's day we get to really reflect on our lives as moms and look at the special times we've had - then back to normal the other 364 days of the year! :)
Beautifully said! I completely agree. Being a parent is the hardest, yet most rewarding "job" I've ever had. Kids make life worth living.
wow, I need to hang out with you more. I was just thankful nobody puked on me that day. It has happened a few times on mother's day and that sure makes a memory!
Your mother IS an incredible mom. As I get older, I become more aware of what good mothers do and what good mothers stand for. I become more aware of the life long impact mothers have. Your mother is so faithful, steady, and sure. She is peaceful and I just love being around her. If we don't all turn out how we're suppose to, we won't be able to blame her that she didn't show us how....
Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment