08 January 2010

{Everyday stuff}


We have been busy this last week. Not with really anything important but with stuff nonetheless. I have been trying to keep up with one of my New Years resolutions of taking a picture a day and journaling about it for my own personal journal. So far so good at least with the picture part, the journal part is slow in coming. The picture above was our sunrise yesterday. Oh how I wish the power lines could be removed from it. Mt. Rainier is a beautiful mountain and we are lucky to have a decent view of it from our back yard. On a side note. I didn't alter the colors in the picture at all. The only editing I did was sharpen it a bit. It was such a beautiful morning. Ryan started a new rotation, thank heavens. Yet he isn't home any more than the last one. In fact he is gone more. He is up at Swedish Hospital in Seattle M-W and then comes home on Thursday night. It saves him from having to spend precious time on the freeway standing still. "Lucky" for us he has this weekend on call too so we really only saw him for about 5 hrs last night and we won't see him until tomorrow morning. While he isn't here anymore during this rotation it is easier on me not having to keep kids quiet all day. Wyatt is pacifier free. He hasn't had one for the last four days. He must not have cared for the broken one I guess. Now he is fighting his afternoon naps, I guess change never ends. As for the rest of us here is what we have been up to lately.

Little Miss Lauryn is diving into the preschool prep classes with full force. She loves doing the flash cards, finding the letters and telling me their sounds. She can write her name now too which is a huge improvement from a few months ago. But...when it comes to numbers we have a little a lot to work on. I can't tell if she really doesn't get it or if she just doesn't care. We got a workbook for her to practice her stuff so hopefully that will reinforce things. She has been so funny about learning things. With the older two they were eating it up, Lauryn definitely has to be in the right mood and it has to be on her terms. I know she will get it some time so we will just keep plugging away. She also loves the finger painting she got to do on Monday. It kept her occupied for about an hour. Who wouldn't love to play with paint?!!





Mr. Wyatt is a wanna be Emril. This kid will not leave my kitchen alone. He is constantly into my cupboards digging for bowls and such. He always wants a spoon and a bowl or a frying pan and a spatula. He has broken my can opener by dropping it out of the drawer several times. He is in search of a spoon or this little whisk. If I had a dollar for every time I said NO I would honestly be rich. Ok, maybe not rich but I could probably buy the new lens that I want. I know many of you are thinking why don't they put the cupboard locks on. Well Ryan hasn't had time and really neither have I. I guess then I get what I deserve. All I have to say is that if he doesn't grow up to be a chef he'll be in so much trouble!!!



Ayden came home the other day with a POTION he had written and he was anxious to whip it up and try it. He had it all written down. I love seeing the things my kids write. They show clearly at what stage they are at the time. Just like I don't like my kids to lose their little kid accents and start pronouncing words correctly. It means they are growing up. But I digress. I asked Ayden what this potion would do and he said he didn't know, he'd have to try it out on himself.


I don't think he expected it to be quite as salty as it ended up being. He couldn't take more than two tiny sips. Luckily it didn't change him into a frog or snake or heaven forbid a monster. I love his imagination!! The next day he was trying out another one that needed some of my hair. I tried finding him a gray one. Didn't you know gray hair in magic potions is really powerful stuff!!?

4 comments:

Coleman Family said...

How darling is Ayden! A potion? What a crack up! I love just the every day funny stuff - good for you for journaling it! I need to get better at it...

Heather said...

love all the fun pictures. what a beautiful picture of "mountain" :)
cayden always talks about their potions! :) love lauryn as always!

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

I do believe he could rival Harry Potter - what book is he on? Miss you guys - fun to catch up on what you are doing!

Dawn said...

I love your sunrise! That's amazing. Darn those powerlines...looks like you are busy with nothingness too. I am up to my eyeballs in nothingness and not even any pictures to show for it!