02 January 2010

{New Years Resolution}

Well the New Year is upon us!! How did that happen? It seems like it was just January of 2009 yesterday. Any way you know what happens when the New Year rolls around. People start making all those New Year Resolutions that they hope to at least keep until mid January (I am totally talking about myself here)!! Well Wyatt "told" me he would like to kick the binki habit for good so I suggested he start on New Years day. When my kids start trying to talk with their pacifiers in their mouths that is when it goes out the window. I know there are plenty of methods on how to break babies of their pacifiers but clipping the end off has worked so well for all of my kids. So last night I clipped the binki and at first Wyatt didn't know what to do with it. He kept putting it in his mouth and making funny faces. I am sure he was thinking "what do these guys expect me to do with a broken pacifier?" Ryan and I didn't make a big deal of it and we put him to bed just like normal. Wyatt was ok for a little while in his bed with his broken binki, but eventually he realized what a shady deal he had been dealt. He started crying, pretty good and I went into check on him and reassure him. He had chucked the binki across the room and when I gave it back to him he was really miffed!! I let him fuss it out and he eventually fell asleep. We shall see how tonight goes but I think Wyatt is well on his way to keeping this New Years resolution of no more binki!! If only I could be as successful with mine!! Happy New Year everyone!!


8 comments:

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

Happy New Year and good luck with all of those resolutions.....I'm still figuring out how to not make any! Good luck with the binki....it's always harder on mom! Love yoy guys!

*Katie May* said...

Always hard to get rid of the binki as long as you never give it back it is easy :) Or at least ends up easier

Colton said...

Huh. I'd never heard of anyone doing it that way before, that is a good idea.

Although I am morally opposed to calling it a binki, at least for a boy. Let alone giving him a pink one.

Jenn said...

Thats what we did with all our kids and it worked, but we had to cut pretty much tho whole thing off. Good luck:)

Heather said...

your braver than me.... maybe our new dog will get garett's!!! ;)

Coleman Family said...

That's hilarious! God bless binkies when you need them, but they sure are stinkers to get rid of! Hal never took one, I was spared one little challenge...Happy New Year Heitmanns!

Becky T said...

Oh boy! We are going to have the same resolution here (and yes, Sam is a year older than Wyatt!). And it is definitely more for me than him at this point. I hate getting rid of the bink! But I'm gonna do it...really I am. lol :) Good luck to you guys!

Sariah,Chief Editor said...

Poor Wyatt....it's rough aint it!

Also poor little Meysa. Whitley told me about it, ouch!

Looks like Christmas was fun though! I love the pictures of the cookies, all the sprinkles are so vibrant.