13 October 2010

And the match results are ......

Well the long awaited match for REI fellowship is now over and we know where we are headed. To take out all the suspense....I matched!!

Now let the game begin (for the rest of you) of figuring out where we matched.

Again here are the choices: Rochester, MN; Washington DC (Bethesda - NIH); Louisville, KY; Baltimore, MD; Pittsburgh, PA.




Let's back track a little here and recap our journey so far. After graduating from LC State we went to Des Moines University for medical school. As you all know Des Moines is the capital of Iowa.



We really loved Iowa and always stated that we would move back to the Midwest in a heartbeat if given the chance. Is Minnesota close enough? The kids would love having 4 distinct seasons again.



For residency we were able to move to Olympia, Washington. Again a state capital. Is there a theme? Any state capitals in the list???



Keep scrolling!!!









We are headed to Washington DC for the next three years. I matched at the National Institute of Health program in Bethesda, MD!!! The move will be an exciting one and there should be no shortage of opportunities of things to do and see. No more being home bodies!!!

I'm sure Aimee's photography skills (and the camera - poor battery) will definitely get a work out. We may have to get 2 or 3 more external hard drives for all the pics.

The two older ones are more than excited to move (and as of right now - 0930) they don't even know yet. They asked Aimee this morning at breakfast where we were going. They didn't know the list wasn't released until 9AM they just knew today was the day. They must have had an insight because they each told me Monday night we were moving to DC. Hmmmm.

We'll that's the news from here. We are definitely excited and can't wait for this new adventure and challenge. Now all I have to do is graduate from residency!!!

11 comments:

Heather said...

once again CONGRATS. we are so proud of you both.... i just can't talk about it right now. already the tears will come!!!

Jodi said...

Oh my heck! How exciting!!! I'm jealous of all that you will get to see and experience!

Frasier Family said...

Wow! You guys will have a wonderful adventure there. Maybe we can come visit???

Heitmann Family said...

You are more than welcome to come and visit us Netty!! That would be so much fun!

Odd Family said...

Congratulations to both of you! Off to yet another adventure! What a great place to go explore. It is kinda sad though, makes your time here seem even shorter now.:( BUT we will just have to enjoy you guys while we can.:)

The Willis Wonder Years said...

CONGRATS!!! That is an awesome place! I graduated from high school in VA and we would go to DC alot. You are right, you will never run out of stuff to do or see. That is so exciting! You will be SO missed here, but DC will be lucky to receive such an amazing family!

Mom (aka Grandma) said...

We are SO excited for you! And the adventures to come. I already put in vacation time for next year! he, he!!!!! (That's when I'll bring the kids to you.....maybe.....!!!) So proud of you, Ryan! Love you guys!

Coleman Family said...

Congrats! :)

Becky T said...

Congratulations! You guys are going to have such a great experience living there. I'm a little jealous! What a fun place to be,I'm sure you will live it up to the fullest!

And PS--love the new family pictures. Such a good looking bunch you all are! Although I have a hard time believing that Aden could possibly be so big!

M & S Eagar said...

That is soooo exciting for your family! You'll sort of be our neighbor...just a mere 6-7 hours away. :)

Dawn said...

Yay! I'm definitely coming to visit you guys there!!! I'm totally jealous that you get to soak up so much history! Get on your tennis shoes and charge that camera.